Demo of Street Guardians APP for their cameras ( pending release )

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Just captured this little overview of the Street Guardian APP for their cameras, nothing special of course, but you can see what you will be getting when the APP are ready for mass release.
It might change a little more before release, but what you see here are along the lines of what you will be getting.

Looks like a copy of other people's apps! It is about time someone displayed the viewable video in terms of journeys and location with PIP for the rear view, not 3 minute MP4 files with front and rear files mixed together!

Yes you cant really reinvent the wheel here. it is what it is.

Yes you cant really reinvent the wheel here. it is what it is.
Of course you can reinvent the wheel!

Maneuvering around a journeys video using that system is about as easy as maneuvering a vehicle with caterpillar tracks! Time someone invented the sports car wheel version :D

Yes for a great many of people there can be or not be problems with a APP.
Personally i would never do in a APP on a phone what i could do on my computer.
The crash i filmed 2 weeks ago, the cops also asked if they could preview the footage right then and there, and they could but i said " no but i can drop the footage at the station in 30 minutes" and that they was also happy about.
Just 1 hour ago while stopped at a red light a cute girl passed in front of me with her nose in her phone, and since i had the window down i put my head out and said " girl you are much more pretty not looking at your phone all the time"
She smiled walked on and put her phone in her little purse.
I dont think i will upload that, even if she was very hot giggety :love:

Looks like a copy of other people's apps!
if you look hard enough you'll find that most APPs for Novatek based cameras have the basics all the same and it's only the look and feel (if that) that varies, they're all built on the same SDK supplied by Novatek, quite a lot of them are done by the one APP developer as well

Will the App work with the SGGCX2PRO? I didn't think it had WiFi capability.

I see a lot of "smart" dashcams lately that would automatically upload videos to the cloud. Would the official app + wifi dashcams be a step in this direction?

No that just add another layer of complications SG dont want to add at the moment at least.
I would also take something like this, but only if upload was to my own NAS, otherwise cloud / s are just something that drift along over my head and some times rain on me.
Some form of "rent a storage" in the cloud might well be cheaper and safer than my NAS, but really i cant get myself to go there, just like i would never get a smart watch or buy a product from the fruit company.
In some ways i excel at burning bridges behind me, though i always say people should not do that or be careful doing that.

My DC have it, and i think the newer versions of the DC also have it, but the original DC are my newest SG test sample.
Newer cameras will probably have wifi too it is after all a must have for a great many of people, maybe not all of them but more i am sure, the much anticipated DR will also have wifi.

Any word on when this might be out? I'd love a better way to get videos off the dashcam without needing to pull the card and plug it into my computer.

iOS you'd have to wait, for Android you can use the latest app beta as long as you update to the latest beta firmware also
Where can I find the app beta? I didn't see a forum thread on it.

Where can I find the app beta? I didn't see a forum thread on it.
There isn't one, we just give a link on a case by case basis since it's not released and we need to know which model camera/firmware/phone you have to make sure it's suitable, you can message me with details and I'll send you the link, will be a few hours or so before I can get back to you though as I'm not at my computer at the moment

Back