Demonstration of in-car temperatures suffered by dashcams in Australia

mariomart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini, Viofo A119 V3, Viofo A119S V2
Although the following YouTube video is not dashcam related, it does however show what in-car conditions are like in the Australian sun (or any other hot environment).

Just remember that some manufacturers only test and rate their dashcams at 65ºC.

Just remember that some manufacturers only test and rate their dashcams at 65ºC.

tests are generally done at higher levels than the ratings, the components are a limiting factor, most chipsets are only rated to 65°C so even if you test above that you're still limited in what you can state

As @jokiin said
Chamber testing of the camera plus Real world results can show a product can take the heat no problem. Being limited to posting the lower value of the lowest rated factory specs of a specific component such as the CPU is what forces the lower temp spec to be posted in the user manual. SG9665GC is an example of this, but since the NT96655 CPU is dual channel capable and only used in single channel mode it runs much cooler than designed/tested for on its own. Heat waves across USA this past summer etc with no problems. (And passes chamber tests with flying colors)

Although the following YouTube video is not dashcam related, it does however show what in-car conditions are like in the Australian sun (or any other hot environment).

An excellent demonstration. I just hope all that see this take it to heart and realize the extreme dangers in leaving their children in a vehicle unattended. Thanks.

As @jokiin s Heat waves across USA this past summer etc with no problems. (And passes chamber tests with flying colors)

We had two really cold winters, with outside temperatures being lower than the rating of my dash cam. It survived. I would imagine the inside of my fairly insulated Rav4 was warmer than the outside , but still pretty cold.

As @jokiin said
Chamber testing of the camera plus Real world results can show a product can take the heat no problem. Being limited to posting the lower value of the lowest rated factory specs of a specific component such as the CPU is what forces the lower temp spec to be posted in the user manual. SG9665GC is an example of this, but since the NT96655 CPU is dual channel capable and only used in single channel mode it runs much cooler than designed/tested for on its own. Heat waves across USA this past summer etc with no problems. (And passes chamber tests with flying colors)
I know of several SG9665GC cameras in vehicles in the desert southwest this past year, that had absolutely no heat related problems. And this year was an exceptionally hot one.

Back