Desktop utility config not picking up cam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've plugged my camera in a few times, uninstalled the desktop config and reinstalled it, formatted the card using the in camera function and had no luck.

What happens in, plug the camera in and the LED comes on to say its charging (I think its red, I'm slightly colour blind) but the utility config doesn't come alive, turn the camera on and nothing changes, I've tried turning the camera on then plugging it in, plugging the camera in then turning it on and both ways make no difference.

My camera is the C2 lens version.

I had the same on my friends win 10 computer when he got a mobius C2 in the fall last year, there was no way in hell i was able to make the computer see the camera, at least not the GUI

BUT! that seem to have fixed itself cuz it is working now.

I am not sure what have changed, maybe he got a update for windows 10, maybe he installed a game or something that changed something with directX

But at first i had to take my friends camera with me home to my win 10 computer to do the setup on my machine.

Try to connect to another USB plug on the computer. Then let the computer to recognize the camera again.

Also found it seems better if with battery inserted than super capacitor.

My HP laptop w/ W8.1 has 3 usb ports and my M1 cam is a no-go with one of them (but everything else works there) so I wouldn't be surprised if a different port gets better results with the M2. Lots of stuff changed with the Windows architecture @ W8 and newer, and as usual it isn't all better than before :mad:

Phil

I only have the one cable but its the cable that I use in car to charge the camera up which works fine, I do have another cable but cant remember where I put it.

I only have the one cable but its the cable that I use in car to charge the camera up which works fine, I do have another cable but cant remember where I put it.

Your cable is for charging only and not for data transfer. Change another regular cable.

Or put the SD card into a memory card reader

Yeah if you do have a pretty fast ( read ) memory card, then any camera in mass storage mode is often way slower than the card in a good card reader.

In cameras i get around 20 MB/s transfer speed to the computer, but if i take the card out of the camera and put it in my card reader i get 80MB/s speeds.

BUT ! if you are just grabbing a single file here and there for posting online then the slower speeds of camera in mas storage mode is of little consequences.

Im still pretty sure this is a computer issue, so i would try the camera out on other computers like i did with my friends camera that worked just fine on my computer, and after a while also worked fine on his computer after god knows what changed.

Back