Despite HW kit installed no voltage reading. And alternate on off cheap way to do it.

notyvole

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hi. I have mini5 and HW kit installed. The camera knows that there is that kit installed because the menu is enabled. I can change the turn off voltage. The camera does not see the voltage. Interesting is that when I turn the car off the camera turns off right away. And the opposite when ignition on it turns on. The problem is the 0.0 Voltage reading, that causes the camera turn off right away after ignition off.
Is there some newer English firmware than 7.0.0.21? Or is simply the camera not fully functional?
I wrote to ddpai support but don't expect much help.
Any idea is greatly appreciated. :)

And btw I found on Aliexpress this nice little cheap thing(12V Battery Low Voltage Cut off Automatic Switch On Recovery Protection Module) -- https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002483736933.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6d0272282F4hfN&algo_pvid=fd2f0ae0-61c1-4eb8-8f9e-ef7120d8d626&algo_exp_id=fd2f0ae0-61c1-4eb8-8f9e-ef7120d8d626-27&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000020817667626"%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B3.01%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch
Ordered it and when nothing regular will work I simply wire it and have much cheaper solution doing the same. Should probably done it in the first place.
Just dial off voltage and on voltage and let it be for the rest of the days. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-111825.png
    Screenshot_20220108-111825.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220108-135309.png
    Screenshot_20220108-135309.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello, I use HW kit at 24 volts.The measurement is very accurate, a graph of voltage changes is shown.It goes into self-shutdown when the voltage drops below 24V.
For me, the camera also turns off as soon as I turn off the vehicle.He goes into filming the parking lot.
We do in the morning when I put it in place and the vehicle is already on he often does not detect it at all.It helps to turn off and restart the vehicle.
We have the same version.
Just in case, do you have the correct connection to the fuses?

Hi notyvole, I suggest starting with checking that you have correct voltage on the yellow wire of the HW unit when the car is off. It should be 12V there all the time, on or off. Most probably it is not wired properly.

I have cut the intelligent cable between the voltage converter and USB connector to analyze the pin usage. There are 4 standard USB-colored wires (red=VCC,black=GND,white=SBU,green=unused??), which is the same pinout as MOLA N3. If they are sensing voltage on the SBU pin, then you have a problem with the small power management microcontroller inside mini 5 (to be checked).

Anybody knowing the chinese PCB symbols ? green/white looks like UART RX/TX pair, and there is STC15W402AS microcontroller on board.

The green wire is UART_TX@9600@3.3V, so the input voltage is being measured by the voltage converter and transfered over UART to mini5.
mini5 can also query data, so there is some bidirectional data exchange protocol.

Attachments

• mini5_pwr.jpg
    mini5_pwr.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@helg the PCB symbols literally are the colours of the wires to be soldered to it. And you've already listed that down, somewhat.

Please wire the hw kit correctly, red should have continuesly power and yellow only when engine on. Also make sure you have a good ground connection for the black cable

Back