Did anyone buy the U1000 4K yet who can share their experience?

I think there’s a reason why Thinkware cameras are designed the way they are. Simply put, it works. I’d rather have a crappy looking camera that works 100% of the time rather than an “engineered” sleek looking camera that fails every time weather gets over 90*F. I’m sure Thinkware’s design is engineered to continuously work in any condition. I’ve had all of my premium dash cams go into thermal shut down except my Thinkware cameras.

Have you tried mounting the u1000 in your car yet? I’m able to hide my q800pro quite well in my small suv behind the dot matrix on the front windshield. I’m sure I’ll be able to hide my u1000 as well when it gets here tomorrow.

Also, what countries are prohibited from having a dash camera stuck on the front windshield?
The u1000 is hard to find a good mounting place on any new smart car that has electronics where the rear mirror is.

All other thinkware cameras are easy to place.no idea why they copied ankers dash cam design as it's terrible to place

The u1000 is hard to find a good mounting place on any new smart car that has electronics where the rear mirror is.

All other thinkware cameras are easy to place.no idea why they copied ankers dash cam design as it's terrible to place
It seems to have the same wedge design as viofo, street guardian and anker. My q800pro is similar in width so I don’t think I’ll have a hard time at all installing the u1000. I guess I’ll see when it gets here. Wish me luck! Lol

With the U1000, I find it harder to find a good center spot as I prefer the lens to be at center as possible.

It's vertically longer than previous F800 Pro/Q800 Pro.

But I think this design has better ventilation than the cylindrical tube. I think I read that Blackvue has overheat issues.

U1000 & A129 Pro. I hid it behind the top black tint.
20191021_090333.jpg
20191021_090923.jpg

With the U1000, I find it harder to find a good center spot as I prefer the lens to be at center as possible.

It's vertically longer than previous F800 Pro/Q800 Pro.

But I think this design has better ventilation than the cylindrical tube. I think I read that Blackvue has overheat issues.

U1000 & A129 Pro. I hid it behind the top black tint.
View attachment 49286
View attachment 49287
I’m going to mount mine more off center to the left hand side of my rear view mirror. Centering isn’t that important to me since the u1000 has a 150* viewing angle. I really like how you’re is mounted though. Maybe I’ll center it. I’ll have to do a few dry installs before sticking it permanently. I also have a spare roll of 3M double sided tape in case I don’t like the placement of the camera. Thanks for the pic.

I’m going to mount mine more off center to the left hand side of my rear view mirror. Centering isn’t that important to me since the u1000 has a 150* viewing angle. I really like how you’re is mounted though. Maybe I’ll center it. I’ll have to do a few dry installs before sticking it permanently. I also have a spare roll of 3M double sided tape in case I don’t like the placement of the camera. Thanks for the pic.
I'm a bit OCD as require it to be the most centered possible [emoji1787]. Last time Q800 Pro's lens was centered but the Q800's body was off center to the right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm a bit OCD as require it to be the most centered possible [emoji1787]. Last time Q800 Pro's lens was centered but the Q800's body was off center to the right.
I prefer them offset to the drivers side, it helps to even up your view of the road and gives a better perspective

I put the lens at the center more to get more accurate ADAS readings and warnings also. :giggle:

not a fan of ADAS unless it's integrated with the vehicle, too unreliable when the installation has so many variables

I don’t use any of the driving features either with my dash cams. I found them to be unreliable and annoying at times.

not a fan of ADAS unless it's integrated with the vehicle, too unreliable when the installation has so many variables
I don’t use any of the driving features either with my dash cams. I found them to be unreliable and annoying at times.

I've been using the ADAS on Thinkware since F770 until now the U1000 and I can say it is quite accurate. Very minimal false warnings.

Not like those on Yi or 70mai dashcams which is annoying with the false warnings.

It is a waste not to use Thinkware's ADAS. At least give it a try and see. The ADAS saved me a few times driving on the highway.

U1000 speed camera notifications or any notifications not being announced by u1000 evan though i have turned it on on the settings and turned up the volume up to high on the unit,
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP BEFORE I GO MAD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
seriously thinking of going back to thinkware f770 at this rate

U1000 speed camera notifications or any notifications not being announced by u1000 evan though i have turned it on on the settings and turned up the volume up to high on the unit,

I empathise with your situation: there are certain things about the U1000 that I also find highly annoying: Not necessarily the notifications, but rather the tendency for the WiFi connection to drop out when using the App, as well as the appallingly sensitive accelerometer. It is on this second issue that I have written several posts here, and I’m hoping to get some useful feedback on that note. I’ve not yet reach the point of re-installing the F770, but I may very well do so if the U1000 pisses me off too much.

Try resetting the unit back to factory settings; that might solve your issue with notifications. Let us know how you get on.

Could you try reflashing the U1000 firmware for your country? I've encountered before the Speed Camera notification didn't work as the factory firmware was for the USA, not Malaysia (Singapore). After flashing the correct country firmware all was working.

Regarding the sensitive accelerometer, anyone tried setting the correct vehicle type in their U1000 settings? See if this would help?

That's an excellent question. I've made it a point of setting the vehicle type to 'SUV', consistent with the Toyota Highlander/Kluger that it's installed in.

I do hope that @Thinkware Dash Cam is on the case with this issue, though, as I still think that the U1000 accelerometer firmware needs a close review, and a patch to be released. As @nrvous1 confirms below:

... It is extremely sensitive like you said. Wind and lightning set off parking mode incidents as well as any loud exhaust or music playing from other cars... But, you’re correct, I think a firmware update needs to include some sort of update for parking mode sensitivity.

I know that an SUV as mushy as a Highlander is going to roll around somewhat more so than a regular hatch or saloon, but at least I could set the F770 to parking footage and not agonise over the endless false alerts that I get with the U1000. For that reason alone, I cannot currently recommend the U1000 – Not until, or unless Thinkware gets its s**t together with its G-sensor firmware.

David.

Last edited:
Could you try reflashing the U1000 firmware for your country? I've encountered before the Speed Camera notification didn't work as the factory firmware was for the USA, not Malaysia (Singapore). After flashing the correct country firmware all was working.
do i need to put uk firmware on to sd card or will i be able to sort it out from firmware upgrade on the camrea, :unsure::unsure::unsure:

do i need to put uk firmware on to sd card or will i be able to sort it out from firmware upgrade on the camrea, :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Power off your U1000 then take out the micro SD card. Download UK firmware and extract everything to the root folder of the micro SD card.
1573548469950.png

Put the micro SD card back into the U1000 and power on. It will voice prompt that it is updating the firmware.

Power off your U1000 then take out the micro SD card. Download UK firmware and extract everything to the root folder of the micro SD card.
View attachment 49542

Put the micro SD card back into the U1000 and power on. It will voice prompt that it is updating the firmware.
still not picking up any speed cameras ect even though i have loaded uk firmware onto the sd card and the u1000 done firmware update when the sim card was inserted into the u1000, :mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• 74390304_439694036691002_1593061167461302272_n.jpg
    74390304_439694036691002_1593061167461302272_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
still not picking up any speed cameras ect even though i have loaded uk firmware onto the sd card and the u1000 done firmware update when the sim card was inserted into the u1000, :mad::mad::mad:

Did the GPS get connected?

Worst come to worst is to ask the seller as mine is reporting all the speed cameras on the highway I drive on.

Back