Did anyone buy the U1000 4K yet who can share their experience?

Same here , u1000 updated to latest firmware but I also couldn’t get the FWCS to work or any fonction of ADAS . Overall all other functions work just fine but ADAs seems bit buggy

GPS is connected & wifi. getting forward and rear collision notifications and lane change notifications just not traffic cams , just been out ware speed cams are and nothing,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i have no sent a email to thinkware on there support page and posted the problem on there twitter and facebook page. hopefully they might do somthing like a firmware upgrade,
if not ill have to start looking for another decent dash cam that dosent charge for cloud features ,

Same here , u1000 updated to latest firmware but I also couldn’t get the FWCS to work or any fonction of ADAS . Overall all other functions work just fine but ADAs seems bit buggy

Did you enable the ADAS? By default it is disabled.

You also will need to initialized the ADAS.
Screenshot_20191118-122407_THINKWARE CLOUD.jpg
Screenshot_20191118-122642_THINKWARE CLOUD.jpg

Also align the green line to be above the car bonnet.
Screenshot_20191118-122706_THINKWARE CLOUD.jpg

Last edited:
GPS is connected & wifi. getting forward and rear collision notifications and lane change notifications just not traffic cams , just been out ware speed cams are and nothing,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i have no sent a email to thinkware on there support page and posted the problem on there twitter and facebook page. hopefully they might do somthing like a firmware upgrade,
if not ill have to start looking for another decent dash cam that dosent charge for cloud features ,

Hopefully, they can fix your U1000.

As my U1000's features are working nicely.

this is the software i seem to have on my u1000 at the moment . can anyone tell me if this is correct for the uk, PLEASE ,

Attachments

• 74939096_587053285460672_4769774517528559616_n.jpg
    74939096_587053285460672_4769774517528559616_n.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 22
this is the software i seem to have on my u1000 at the moment . can anyone tell me if this is correct for the uk, PLEASE ,

Why do you have so many DX2 files? You only require the latest DX2 file. You'll need to replace the current DX2 file in the driveinfo folder.

Why do you have so many DX2 files? You only require the latest DX2 file. You'll need to replace the current DX2 file in the driveinfo folder.

Spot on, the file name must be exactly smartguidepoint.dx2 looks like you have downloaded the file multiple times hence the (2) (4) in brackets etc. Feel free to PM me if needed there should be no camera issues at all!

I checked the contents of the firmware and video parameters and came to the conclusion
that these parameters are not optimal for achieving high quality video. There is work to do...
Code:
aaa_default_00_B6NImx335
aaa_default_00_Imx334
etc...
000.jpg

how are you guys formatting the sd card from the PC viewer ? I don't see any option on the software for the mac.

Finally got all ADAS fonction to work ... well the thing is that when driving I don’t hear anything just faint sound but thought it was wasn’t, I decided to review the footage and the warning are all there

again something wrong , the sound of voice is annoyingly loud (at level 1, why the slider cannot go lower ??come on ) but the warning are too low that my engine is covering the alert.
Well seems that their software department is a bit lazy.

overall I am satisfied except for the rear camera that is really grainy similar to my previous Garmin mini. Also the cable is way too thick, I prefer Blackvue approach but didn’t like the idea to buy the parking module additionally... well a lot of tradeoff for current Dashcam maker.

I did add the radar module that pick up person, because the motion detection is triggered every 5s by my alarm led on the dashboard

Has someone updated to the new version u1000_66_1.00.09? Any change , they didn’t release any changelog though

I recently got the U1000, so far nothing bad. I made a few videos showing different lighting situations. There's also parking mode video set to motion detection. Surprisingly it doesn't detect my alarm blinking light so it's saving more energy. I don't use the cloud features as I don't have a hot spot on all the time.

mine is picking up my red alarm blinking all time at night... whish they could add region detection setting like Blackvue is doing

Has someone updated to the new version u1000_66_1.00.09? Any change , they didn’t release any changelog though

Yeah I just updated. No idea what the changes are but trying it out now

how are you guys formatting the sd card from the PC viewer ? I don't see any option on the software for the mac.

i don't use the app to format the sd card, i just use the actual pc to format the sd card.

i don't use the app to format the sd card, i just use the actual pc to format the sd card.

Best to use the U1000 to format the micro SD card than using a PC.

This applies to all dashcams so that it is using the correct file system that the dashcam uses.

Thanks. Going to update later when getting off from work.

Back