Did anyone buy the U1000 4K yet who can share their experience?

Has someone updated to the new version u1000_66_1.00.09? Any change , they didn’t release any changelog though
The main change is the shock sensor for Parking Mode notifications & video upload. "Strong Impact Notification While Parked" IMPACT 1 was a 3G force, IMPACT 2 was a 4G force required. They are both now half of those so 1.5G & 2G.

I wonder if this was part of the firmware update or it was there all along. After driving for a while (I didn't keep track of time) the dash cam stops looking for wifi if there's no device connected to it. Like the green wifi blinking all the time is gone. So I noticed that and when I parked somewhere I had to go, I tried to connect to the dash cam with wifi by just pressing the wifi button and it turns on instantly. I personally like this a lot. Wish I could set the wifi turn off timer for like 1 minute if there's no device connected.

I wonder if this was part of the firmware update or it was there all along. After driving for a while (I didn't keep track of time) the dash cam stops looking for wifi if there's no device connected to it. Like the green wifi blinking all the time is gone. So I noticed that and when I parked somewhere I had to go, I tried to connect to the dash cam with wifi by just pressing the wifi button and it turns on instantly. I personally like this a lot. Wish I could set the wifi turn off timer for like 1 minute if there's no device connected.

I had this before the last update as well. After driving for a while it says wifi will stop and led stop blinking... but to stop having the annoying voice every startup saying "connect to wifi using network name is think ware" I did follow the recommendation and set a hotspot setting so now the led is blinking blue (for hotspot) but blinking never stop (I did tape the led to cover)

However after the last update, I noticed now in the Road safety setting the my Safety Camera option is still enabled but the next option "Mobile zone alert" is now disabled and I cannot switch it back to enable as before...
Did the firmware mess-up with something, have you the mobile zone alert working even after update?

Just got my hand of U1000, things that nice to have:
1. Ability to select WiFi to turn on or off on startup, if WiFi is selected to be turned off at startup, do not prompt user to connect WiFi using smartphone.
2. Ability to select frequency between 50Hz and 60Hz to prevent flickering.

I've been running my U1000 for less than a week now as it was a replacement for a failed Viofo A120 Pro Duo 4k and so far I'm very happy with it. I mounted mine just to the right of my rear view mirror on the passengers side so it doesn't block my view while I am driving or pick up the center antenna.
20200219_175738.jpg

About ready to throw in the towel on my u1000. Left third of image is illegible, right third looks great. And wifi is constantly blinking (and on I suppose) while driving. Wondering if it is affecting my bit rates. Any way to turn wifi off?

Are you able to show a video or at least a screenshot of the video so we can see what you mean please?

Also the WiFi is on all of the time as it's looking for WiFi Hotspots as you can store around 40 in it's memory.

About ready to throw in the towel on my u1000. Left third of image is illegible, right third looks great. And wifi is constantly blinking (and on I suppose) while driving. Wondering if it is affecting my bit rates. Any way to turn wifi off?

As @Maddog1974 said, please share a video clip as we'd be happy to try to resolve your issue :)

As @Maddog1974 said, please share a video clip as we'd be happy to try to resolve your issue :)
Thank you kindly for the help. Tags of people passing me on the left are illegible, those passing me on the right are fine. Here is a screenshot that really helped illustrate the blur on the left third. I've shifted camera from right of RVM to middle of windshield to left of RVM now and left third was always the same.

Attachments

• Bricks.jpg
    Bricks.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 45
Thank you kindly for the help. Tags of people passing me on the left are illegible, those passing me on the right are fine. Here is a screenshot that really helped illustrate the blur on the left third. I've shifted camera from right of RVM to middle of windshield to left of RVM now and left third was always the same.

Something definitely looks off, do you have a CPL filter installed? which firmware version are you using? The screenshot just barley cut off the timestamp so I'm unable to check. Lastly, which recording mode was the dash cam in during this screenshot?

Something definitely looks off, do you have a CPL filter installed? which firmware version are you using? The screenshot just barley cut off the timestamp so I'm unable to check. Lastly, which recording mode was the dash cam in during this screenshot?
Yes I have the cpl filter installed, hadn't thought about removing it but I can do that and go back to the same gas station to see how it changes. Firmware 1.00.11 and this was in continuous mode.

Yes I have the cpl filter installed, hadn't thought about removing it but I can do that and go back to the same gas station to see how it changes. Firmware 1.00.11 and this was in continuous mode.

Please try recording without the CPL filer. If the issue persists it's most likely due to a lens issue, and if that is the case we would be happy to exchange your unit.

Please try recording without the CPL filer. If the issue persists it's most likely due to a lens issue, and if that is the case we would be happy to exchange your unit.
Here is with CPL (On left) and without (On Right) seems about the same to me. Let me know what you think.Bricks2.jpg

The left side of the image without the CPL does look sharper. The gas station sign and bricks on the left side of the image look more in focus. However, the camera angles and lighting are not identical. But I do think the image without the CPL does look better.

Something to keep in mind is that the focus points will always be near center. Anything near the edge of the frame (ex. the gas station sign) will not be as focused as the center.

We would be happy to send you a replacement CPL or do a warranty exchange as well.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed. :)

Updated my U1000 to firmware 1.00.11 update 2020-02-06.

What's New?
1. Software Update
2. ADAS Volume Change
3. Delete Wi-Fi Off Announcement

Now I can hear my ADAS alerts clearly now.

Still wishing for a setting to turn on/off WiFi at startup so that the dashcam won't talk so much.

Still wishing for a setting to turn on/off WiFi at startup so that the dashcam won't talk so much.
If you mean the 'Connect your smartphone to a WiFi network starting with Thinkware' message you can stop this by connecting a phone via the Hotspot method just once. Once a hotspot is stored in it's memory it stop that message, even if you never connect via Hotspot again!

The left side of the image without the CPL does look sharper. The gas station sign and bricks on the left side of the image look more in focus. However, the camera angles and lighting are not identical. But I do think the image without the CPL does look better.

Something to keep in mind is that the focus points will always be near center. Anything near the edge of the frame (ex. the gas station sign) will not be as focused as the center.

We would be happy to send you a replacement CPL or do a warranty exchange as well.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed. :)
Thank you for your help.

Adorama was kind enough to overnight me a replacement and there is a night and day difference between the two. Couldn't read tags coming at me at 65 mph and now no problem at all.

Interestingly the second camera was manufactured in Jan 2020 and had an extra piece of protective film around the lens area that the first one (Manufactured in Oct. 2019) did not. Both had film over the lens itself but the newer one had the additional one. Both boxes were sealed so no idea why the difference.

Thank you for your help.

Adorama was kind enough to overnight me a replacement and there is a night and day difference between the two. Couldn't read tags coming at me at 65 mph and now no problem at all.

Glad Adorama got you sorted out!

Interestingly the second camera was manufactured in Jan 2020 and had an extra piece of protective film around the lens area that the first one (Manufactured in Oct. 2019) did not. Both had film over the lens itself but the newer one had the additional one. Both boxes were sealed so no idea why the difference.

We did add more protective films on the U1000 to prevent the plastics being scratched during the manufacturing process. You most likely received a device with a faulty lens. Hope you enjoy your new U1000 :)

Back