Did anyone buy the U1000 4K yet who can share their experience?

Spent hours after installing trying to connect, managed to connect once.....briefly, then lost connection. As for aligning the end of hood, I'm guessing a different mount will be needed unless I'm missing something. Camera is mounted to windshield but I cant get end of hood in proper position. Only way I see that happening is with a mount that allows me to pivot the camera. I figured buy once, cry once, so I opted to go straight to the head of the line by getting the U1000. Not happy with my experience so far.

Spent hours after installing trying to connect, managed to connect once.....briefly, then lost connection. As for aligning the end of hood, I'm guessing a different mount will be needed unless I'm missing something. Camera is mounted to windshield but I cant get end of hood in proper position. Only way I see that happening is with a mount that allows me to pivot the camera. I figured buy once, cry once, so I opted to go straight to the head of the line by getting the U1000. Not happy with my experience so far.

For connection issues I recommenced calling our support team and they will resolve your issue ASAP. (+1-844-865-9273). Can you please send a screenshot of your U1000? You should be able to line up the guide lines with the hood fairly close.

Not sure how I'm supposed to line up the end of hood guide line with the mount bring fixed. The lens is pointed where it is due to slope of windshield.

Not sure how I'm supposed to line up the end of hood guide line with the mount bring fixed. The lens is pointed where it is due to slope of windshield.

If you include a screenshot we'd be able to help you much easier. It could be an issue with your mounting position, but it's hard to tell with out an image. What is the make and model of your vehicle? We have not experienced any issues with windshield compatibility.

2000 F250

There should not be an issue with the U1000's viewing angle while mounted on a F250...

...As we have said previously, we need to see a screenshot from your U1000 in order to help you correct your mounting position and viewing angle. ;)

Feel free to PM us or reach out to our support team. Email: support@thinkware.com & Phone: +1-844-544-2742.

The line for the end of the hood is at the cowl/base of the windshield

The U1000 is mounted too low, it will need to be mounted higher in order to be lined up with the edge of the hood. The dash cam does not have to be 100% centered. You can mount it to the right or left of the rear view mirror in order to mount it as high as you can.

Do you know that the lens angle can be adjusted?

I did but didnt see that. Regardless, just like Sunday, it connects once, then loses connection and wont reconnect

I did but didnt see that. Regardless, just like Sunday, it connects once, then loses connection and wont reconnect
How are you connecting to the camera? Direct WiFi or Hotspot method? Also do you use Apple or Android?

Just wifi. It wont connect via direct wifi or hotspot. Android Galaxy S8

Just checking you have the Thinkware Cloud App and not the Dashcam Viewer App?

Normal WiFi connection is really just for quick settings change or downloading a clip or two and will disconnect when the App is closed (or stops running in the background of the phone) for longer term connection the Hotspot connection to the phone is the way forward. I knocked up the below Word document for a customer who was struggling a while back and it's helped a few people since. I hope it may help you it was done for iOS but it's very similar to Android:

TLDR; It has major shortcomings, don't buy!!

We have the Blackvue 950s, 750s, Viofo Pro, a Street Guardian and the Thinkware u1000.
Never any trouble out of any of those.
Street Guardian has excellent customer service. The Viofo Pro probably has the best 4k video quality.
I have the u1000 in my car and I don't have any complaints except parking mode is way too sensitive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

TLDR; It has major shortcomings, don't buy!!

The Cloud feature does work for us and our customers. This isn't to say we haven't come across issues, but they were either resolved or the unit was replaced to a working one.

I think everyone, even manufacturers, would admit ADAS features won't be accurate/reliable since the dash cam isn't connected to the vehicle's software and thus won't understand steering input, pedal input, etc.
No dash cam has accurate/reliable ADAS.

The U1000 has better video quality than the DR900S and, in some instances, the A129 Pro as well:

One thing to have an opinion, another to advertise misinformation without a real review.

Back