Did Blackvue EOL the DR650S-series?

jeez123

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S-2CH
The newest firmware arrived for the DR900 and 750-series yesterday.

But, not a single word on 650-series anymore.

Did Blackvue unofficially end the support for 650S-cams as in, no more firmware updates?

The newest firmware arrived for the DR900 and 750-series yesterday.

But, not a single word on 650-series anymore.

Did Blackvue unofficially end the support for 650S-cams as in, no more firmware updates?
so - it must be perfect now ...
[emoji16]

I posted in their "community" after the last 750S firmware update, and they actually replied that the 650S series was EOL and that "updates will be less frequent".

"Luckily", my 650S died (from the heat) and BlackBoxMyCar gave me an option to upgrade to a 750S refurb for a reasonable amount of money. So I get another year (?) of updates until the 750S goes EOL. :)

Dang it.. My rear cam is starting to throw "Rear Sensor Fail!!!."

Just emailed Pittasoft about this, waiting to see if they can fix it via software or i'm in need of filing RMA to the shop i bought the cam.

You might as well forget about it. Look at the app & it's reviews on google playstore. 200's of complaints that pitasoft/blackview just ignores .... customers trying to find out why their product is failing. It's pretty troubling. Sorry to hear you're in the failing camp.

Pitasoft will reply with some (generally useless) troubleshooting tips. The most likely culprit is damage to the cable or connectors. Once they've gone through the usual "try a firmware upgrade/downgrade", they'll tell you to contact your dealer for an RMA. Might as well do that now. If your dealer won't help, Pitasoft will issue an RMA directly, but since you're out of warranty there will likely be a flat-rate replacement cost (and you'll be without the camera for weeks/months).

I got lucky'ish. My 650S died completely, and I got a reply from Pitasoft within a day, but in the end they pointed me to my dealer. The dealer had a flat-rate RMS (I send to them, they send to Pitasoft, Pitasoft sends a replacement, but with the caveat it could take up to 6 months. For not a lot more, they could just swap in a refurb immediately so I don't have to wait. But when I asked, for not a lot more again they allowed me to upgrade to a refurb 750S. Since the wiring is all the same, I just had to send back front/rear & both mounts, and they've sent me the 750S front/rear/mounts. Now I can take advantage of the new firmware features.

When this one dies, hopefully by then there will be a whole new viable replacement brand built for longer-term reliability, but with the features I want (so far, no contenders).

Note that since you're likely paying for a refurb anyway, maybe poke around for people selling used/refurb units, and just skip the Pitasoft conversation.

Brad.

Back