Did I buy the fake mini 0803

Linda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought one mini 0803 dash cam. When received it looks normal, but I do noticed that on the dash cam it says blueskysea instead of 1080p full HD what it showed on the website I purchase on. Next when I turn the power on the screen says blueskysea instead of a picture of a car. Then, I opened the setup menu I can't found many things that are on the user's guide like the language, speed, firmware version, key beep, video recording mode, and video rotation.
I am wanting to know is this fake or real because I checked many pictures on the internet, and most of it have those settings and the word on the dash cam say 1080p full HD. However the dash cam I purchase had buleskysea on it and doesn't have all those, even thought the appearance looks pretty similar. Also I did found out that the one I have doesn't match with the picture showed on the seller I purchased from, so I asked the seller, but no reply. What should I do?

It is probably a mini 0805 and superior to a mini 0803 - what is the firmware version? (in the menu)

Sorry, you said it doesn't have a firmware version, odd, what is in the menu?

Nothing wrong with blueskysea or not having the car, but firmware version should be in the menu. What video resolutions does it support?

Sorry, you said it doesn't have a firmware version, odd, what is in the menu?

Nothing wrong with blueskysea or not having the car, but firmware version should be in the menu. What video resolutions does it support?
The video resolutions are 1280X720, 1920X1808, 2304X1296
I did found the firmware after I reset it to default setting it is FW20140822 V1.0
However I still did not found language, speed, key beep, video recording mode, and video rotation.
How can I the rest of the settings?

Sounds like a genuine 0803 then, but it has a firmware customised to the seller with their own logo and their own choice of menu options.

Assuming it is real then you could change the firmware to one of the standard ones to get the car logo and some of the missing menu options although as long as it does what you want and produces reasonable quality video then there isn't any need. Changing the firmware would help confirm it is real since a genuine fake wouldn't accept a real firmware!

Sounds like a genuine 0803 then, but it has a firmware customised to the seller with their own logo and their own choice of menu options.

Assuming it is real then you could change the firmware to one of the standard ones to get the car logo and some of the missing menu options although as long as it does what you want and produces reasonable quality video then there isn't any need. Changing the firmware would help confirm it is real since a genuine fake wouldn't accept a real firmware!
OK, I have download the FW20140919 from http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware , but I can't get it to open in the dash cam. What should I do?

Either it is not a real 0803 or you have the file named wrong, I guess the latter.

If the file is in a compressed .zip file then you need to extract firmware.bin.

It should be placed in the root (top level) folder on the memory card.

It should be called "firmware.bin" or if extensions are hidden on your compter try calling it "firmware".

When you turn the camera on it should ask if you want to update the firmware - make sure you have it plugged into a power supply first, if the battery goes flat half way through the update then you have problems.

If that doesn't help try reading the instructions from where you got the file again - it's a while since I updated an 0803.

Either it is not a real 0803 or you have the file named wrong, I guess the latter.

It should be called "firmware.bin" or if extensions are hidden on your compter try calling it "firmware".

When you turn the camera on it should ask if you want to update the firmware - make sure you have it plugged into a power supply first, if the battery goes flat half way through the update then you have problems.

If that doesn't help try reading the instructions from where you got the file again - it's a while since I updated an 0803.
Thank you so much, it works now.

Now that I got the dash cam working, but the videos are not showing on my computer. When I opened the files on my computer to play the videos all I got was sounds but not picture. Do I need to download any software so that the videos are showing?

Some computers can't manage the higher resolutions.

You could run the camera at low resolution.

You could download the "Registrator Viewer" software (free) and view the videos with that,
it is recommended anyway as it will stick all the videos together and display the GPS info. It almost always works but may need one of the settings changed before it will display on your computer...

If it is a Windows computer then you could download the "k lite codec pack" and let that sort things out, normally works.

If it is an Apple computer then I have no idea how to sort it - Google may know!

Possibly you need updated video drivers for your computer but that is a last resort.

Back