Did I get a used Mobius?

MiiHere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
I received my 2nd Mobius standard lens about 3 weeks ago from Spy Tec and got it installed 1 week ago. It didn't come in the white box like the first one, but wrapped around a cardboard insert in the box which I thought was strange and no "instructions." (web page sticker.) I left it like that until I installed it.

I got around to reviewing the footage just now and noticed the camera lens is scratched a little, when I went to clean it the lens is noticeably loose with very light cleaning pressure. I don't have my 2nd Mobius on hand to see if this is normal.

I can't help but wonder if I got a returned Mobius.

Can't say but on my C2 lens model the lens could be turned without loosening the grub screw; probably a cracked lens mount which has been noted here by some others. The packing and lens scratch is more worrying though.

Phil

Can't say but on my C2 lens model the lens could be turned without loosening the grub screw; probably a cracked lens mount which has been noted here by some others. The packing and lens scratch is more worrying though.

Phil

I'll take it apart when I get home to check it out.

I know I have seen where you can buy a Mobius without the box and it saves you some $3, but that wasn't an option when I purchased. I had assumed unless stated otherwise they all came in the white box.

The video quality also didn't look so great despite having it set to the same specs as the first one. I think I'll do a side by side and see what I can conclude.

Back