Did you remember to set the camera's time to DST (where applicable)?

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Last Sunday, as some of you know, many countries entered in the Daylight Savings Time. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I forgot to set mine and I only realized it when I downloaded today's files from the card. :oops::D
I also realized its importance because if something bad happened today my footage would have the time wrong.

So, did you remember, did you forget or do you have one of those XPTO camera's that does it automatically? :D

Last Sunday, as some of you know, many countries entered in the Daylight Savings Time. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I forgot to set mine and I only realized it when I downloaded today's files from the card. :oops::D
I also realized its importance because if something bad happened today my footage would have the time wrong.

So, did you remember, did you forget or do you have one of those XPTO camera's that does it automatically? :D

My mobile phone and PC time auto-sync reminded me about this ;)

You're lucky because here that function in mobile phones is completely useless.

i hate DST. we have electric lights now, so the entire concept of changing a clock to give us "more daylight hours" is completely absurd. can we abolish it? the only purpose it serves is to screw up peoples' sleep cycles and keep government workers busy writing rules and arbitarily moving the DST dates. for example, the US doesn't change for DST till nov1. and not all US states observe it either. Alaska doesn't, since it makes no sense at all there, but Arizona doesn't either, nor does the city of Indianapolis. i'm sure there are others but those are the ones i can think of offhand.

and if your cam's clock was off by an hour, it would take a real "richard" of a judge to throw out your evidence because of that, unless you were contesting whether it was actually a school zone at the time or not.

To me also DST is a big absurd, especially when I hear excuse of "but now we can sleep 1h longer". People are like sheeps, believe what TV says without thinking logically.
In regards of "more daylight" also absdurd. If I wake up at 5 or 6am it same dark, even 6 vs 7am is also same dark.
Accepting DCT concept is just cheating yourself.

Whether we like it or not, until it's abolished we have to live with it otherwise we'll be early for work, appointments, etc in the Autumn and Winter and late for everything in the Spring and Summer. :D

Argh donnerwetter, forgot to do the mobius when i had it connected a while back to enable microfone :rolleyes: here we go again.

One thing I wasn't expecting DST to have an effect on, and was quite a surprise, was Registrator Viewer!
I was cutting segments from my 5min clips when I noticed the start and end times of the fragments did not add up to the file time, that is, they had an hour less. I went through the menus to find that RV has a Time Zone function and that it was set to Local System (0). I had to set it to GMT +1 to get the fragment's time right.

The 1st is the fragment with Local System (0) and the 2nd is the same fragment with GMT +1:

DST.png

This baffles me. Why the Time Zone set influences the time displayed in the fragment's name?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Off Topic 10
Back