Didn't scratch a single one!

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
This lorry drive is either wonderfully spatially aware... or was bloody lucky... Check out the lights on the back right. I'll give him kudos for missing those cars!

(This video uses BCHobbyists' modded firmware)

Paul.

Reactions: Mtz
I think they were rubber lights weren't they? Wouldn't scratch even if they did hit, just give the car drivers a lesson on keeping to their own side of the road!

I think they were rubber lights weren't they? Wouldn't scratch even if they did hit, just give the car drivers a lesson on keeping to their own side of the road!

Dunno mate. He just went through the gaps with such aplomb. Didn't slow down, just went straight on - as I mentioned, kudos to him for having the ability. Quite a few of the comments on a FB thread don't seem to see that I was complimenting his driving, not dissing it, lol..

Going home from shopping yesterday i had to climb a curb, the car that came against me and who was in the side of the road with the blockage should have stopped or at least keep right towards the parked cars.
But he was the kind of driver that have no feel for his cars size, so he kept a good 3 foot distance to them and so pretty much taking up 3/4 of the roadway.
wide load.jpg

Funny thing is 2 cars can pass each other there just fine, if both have a feeling for the with of their cars.
Personally i can drive my car 2 - 3 inches from the curb just fine, at least for the time it take to pass a narrow spot.

Last edited:
Oh that was close. Definitely a steady hand driving. I have done narrows like that driving the ambulance, but have always had a belief the faster you go the skinnier you are.

Oh that was close. Definitely a steady hand driving. I have done narrows like that driving the ambulance, but have always had a belief the faster you go the skinnier you are.

Cats whiskers. If the front fits, the back should (unless they deliberately put a wide load or similar on). But he got much closer to the last 3 or 4...

That looks like a driver with experience. Many years ago a buddy said to me "Why slow down? I am not going to miss it more by going slower". Once you know your machine you should be able to be within 6" or less when you go past objects.

Getting to know your rig that well can take a tremendous amount of miles and experience.

when i was learning to drive, i lived on a busy street where people always parked on both sides, so i quickly learned exactly how wide my car was to be able to maintain 2-way traffic alongside parked cars. most people who lived on that street got good at it, so it was obvious when a visitor was driving through since they thought their little econobox was 40 feet wide.

Back