Difference Between 900 and 750 - solely the 4K?

Here's my initial comparison of the DR900S vs DR750S:

I've been a bit sceptical about 4K in DR900S initally, yet now I think it makes quite a difference compared to DR750S in terms of overall ability to capture tiny details, mostly at daytime. There's surely a bit of work to do in the firmware department to optimize IQ - which in fact could already be seen, as fw v1.000 compared to v0.925 has significantly reduced the nighttime brightness. So I'm guessing future updates could improve overall 4K quality even further. I am planning to post another DR900S vs DR750S comparison focused to nighttime / night vision performance at some point soon.

We appreciate the great video Evad. I too have noticed that while the 900 certainly picks up more detail, the overall picture is darker (at least compared to the 750). For the price, I'd want that corrected before I'd plunk down my money (or maybe I'll just get the upcoming 2-channel Viofo A129 coming out for less than half the cost). Anyway, thank for helping everybody out here. It's all a learning experience.

And here's the Brightness / Night Vision comparison between DR900S and DR750S. Seems like DR750S has still plenty to offer in night time parking recording, however it tends to overexpose a little bit.

So when night vision was put 'on' and 'off', that was for both the DR750S and the DR900S? I'm going to re-watch a few more times but wow, if so, I hardly saw a difference on the DR900S.

Edit, ok so at the 30 second mark when Night Vision went on with only ambient lighting, no vehicle headlights, the DR900S actually films the plates worse then when it is off.

Last edited:
So when night vision was put 'on' and 'off', that was for both the DR750S and the DR900S? I'm going to re-watch a few more times but wow, if so, I hardly saw a difference on the DR900S.

Correct, the NV mark indicates that NV mode is ON/OFF on both dashcams simultaneously.

I would presume that DR900S night vision would come off better reading plates at night, yet sensing motion and picking up details in darkness (ie. when parked at night) would be quite difficult.

I had to rewatch a couple times because I kept looking at the persons parking job lol.

NV really didn't seem to make a difference without headlights on for the DR900S surprising since the DR750S seems like NV is trying the most.
Overall the DR900S did pretty well with all those plates, I thought.

The 900 are not useless for sure, make me wonder how it would look if the 750 was dialed back a little on the gain / noise, or if the 900 was dialed up as it look to have a pretty laid back setting in this regard.

As several IMX 291 cameras have proven just ramping up the sensitivity give you little gains if you use the noise and a deducting factor for the overall image.

Got the B-124 and the DR900S-2ch and love it. did notice however that the DR900s-2ch is pulling 14.4V at 0.4Ah. So might get the B-124E since on Extreme settings with the 128GB it will only record 7hrs if motion triggering is enabled. But if I set to normal more hours can be made but then the other B-124E will be needed.Hope they will release a Firmware soon that will let us Use 256GB cards
Yes 256 gb cards would be great. What brand are you using for your 128 gb card currently?

Back