Difference between G1W and G1WH ???

- 140 vs 120 degree lens diagonal.
- casing.

Other than that it should be same

need to be careful now there's a lower cost version in the market http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/my-fake-g1w-of-ebay-¬¬-totodeal.3606/
Already? damn. I wish people would be a little more honest. If you are going to sell a knock off at least be honest about it while i would never buy one people still buy them all the time. Just look on Amazon.

:EDIT: Also noticed that the date stamp is on the side and then on the middle of the two different screen shots in the H listing. It is also blurred out. Seems a little strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my G1W back in May 2013 and by June 2013 I accounted dozen of knock-offs on Chinese so called eBay-type websites ;)
So the best way is to buy from reputable re-sellers who have earned good reputation on this forum. They stock only original high quality OEM products.

Is this new Lens in G1Wh camera better than old Lens in G1W camera?

Is G1Wh better camera than GT550WS (without GPS module)?

It is hard to tell the difference between the lens.
Due to the big price difference, I recommend G1WH.

I went with the G1W. Based on the hundreds of reviews and the number sold by estore009 on ebay. They are cheap enough that if/when I decide to buy on for my kid's truck I might go with the newer one (if the reviews pan out)

Thanks for all the input!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all !

I'm desperately seeking for a side-by-side video showing G1W and G1WH, in order to compare angles and hability to read licence plates.

Anyone knows where I could find this ?

To avoid inferior knockoff copies, just buy from estore.

is the sensor worse in the G1WH?

it seems like they went from a 5MP to a 3 Mp...

From what I've read, they both use the same AR0330 sensor, and that is not capable of 5mp - Chinese manufacturer specs are frequently a work of fiction.

The benefit of having a sensor capable of a higher resolution would be questionable anyway, when it is still only recording video at 1080p. A higher resolution sensor would also have smaller area per pixel, so if all else is equal, would likely perform less well in low light.

And what about g1w-C compared to g1w-H ?
The C model is pretty much a normal G1W with two capacitors instead of a battery, so any comparison between the normal and the H model will give you the info you want.

hello, any update on G1W ? what is the latest available ? what has improved ? my 4 years old G1W is still working well but I want to know if getting a new one is really necessary. Thanks.

Development of these has pretty much ended. What you have now is equal to any of them made today, maybe better. Many versions have been discontinued as better cams have come along at very good prices (B1W and 70Mai for example). Of them, the G1W/C and G1W/H seem to be best but nobody is recommending these anymore. As long as mine still work reliably I'll use them or gift them to someone but they're not my primary cam anymore.

Phil

Back