Differences between SG9665GC V2 and V3

I was just replying to the picture that showed not much difference in appearance (as expected).

I was just replying to the picture that showed not much difference in appearance (as expected).

if you see them together there are some subtle differences due to some tooling adjustments but for the most part they're outwardly similar in appearance

I have a sg9665gc V2 hardwired into my car. Can I just swap the mounts and use the existing wiring to power a v3 ?

V2 CPL (left) vs V3 CPL (right)

5411dd6af634c9a5dd52cfe70b9921e7.jpg

78793afb54c0f47a91605cb5d9936add.jpg

I like that it clips to the dash cam, but it seems a bit boxy and doesn't compliment the dash design very well. Is it not possible to keep the original design but still be able to clip to the V3?

I like that it clips to the dash cam, but it seems a bit boxy and doesn't compliment the dash design very well. Is it not possible to keep the original design but still be able to clip to the V3?

The original shape was 3D printed by a company from France at great expense to produce a solution for the SG9665GC v2. It sold for $40 USD

The new CPL was mass produced to get the cost down low enough to now be included for FREE with all new SG9665GC v3. Quality/Performance of glass is similar as well but holder is a bit different as you can see. There are actually less layers on the new one which means less light being refracted / reduced which is better. You can hardly see it from the outside on most vehicles as it is.

aside from the reasons already mentioned another part of getting the cost lower was to make the filter so it can work with multiple camera models which meant we couldn't use the same type of design as on the original filter, the clip design is the same for each camera this one works with but the lens housings are not all the exact same shape

that's because I didn't understand your question ;)

the thick mount has been updated and now has an angle to it, don't have a photo of the new mount with me right now but it's wedge shaped to increase the clearance from the window

Oooooh! that sounds like it has just solved a problem for me, I'm not able to protect my SG from the direct sunlight with the reflective windscreen sunshade when parked. The sunshade will will not fit between the glass and the lens on the camera.

Oooooh! that sounds like it has just solved a problem for me, I'm not able to protect my SG from the direct sunlight with the reflective windscreen sunshade when parked. The sunshade will will not fit between the glass and the lens on the camera.

message me the address details and I'll send you a mount

Thanks for the offer Jokiin, but I have ordered one from SCR.

they have the thicker mount but not the revised one, just give me the details and I'll send you one of the new ones

Bugger! I preempted their good service, they were supposed to ring me back this afternoon. They were supposed take my order because they don't have them listed on their website.
Lucky for me that they didn't, the guy who answered my query said that they had the new S3 Wedge mounts in stock.

Details in PM Jokiin. :rolleyes:

Details in PM Jokiin. :rolleyes:

Thank You so very much Jokiin, item received today. :D

Update: The new wedge shaped mount that comes with the V3, does indeed allow for a small bubble sunshade to be placed between the dash cam and the windscreen when parked out in the sun. It helps to keep the dash cam out of the direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Back