Different A119 models? And any cheap/reliable suggestions for a rear camera?

cr0dct

Reaction score
Country
United States
Besides the CPL and extra additions...Does the seller matter? Also anyone have cheap/reliable suggestions for a rear camera - decided not to go duo. Thinking B1W.

* One

* Two

* Three

Last edited:
All the same base camera "Two" is the best bundle value though if you want the CPL which is normally $14.90
same camera, different deal depending on what you want, the seller listed there is a member here also @OCD Tronic
Thanks y'all - Definitely gives me some reassurance knowing a seller is on this forum LOL.

Other question - Anyone have suggestions on a cheap/reliable rear camera to pair with A119? I'm thinking B1W.

The B1W is going to be modified in the next production run. As it is now there are some reliability issues which the change is meant to solve, so I would hold off on it until the new batch is out and tested. It was previously my recommendation for a rear-only cam, IMHO being almost perfect for the job, and I know of nothing else in it's price range I can recommend in it's place.

The original Mobius with supercaps is equally small but old-tech so nighttime images are not too good, and the 70mai cams use a battery which won't last long in Texas heat. Anything else I'd consider using is going to be bigger or more costly but any cam good for the front can be used to equal effect in the rear. Just be sure it's got supercaps and not a battery.

Phil

The B1W is going to be modified in the next production run. As it is now there are some reliability issues which the change is meant to solve, so I would hold off on it until the new batch is out and tested. It was previously my recommendation for a rear-only cam, IMHO being almost perfect for the job, and I know of nothing else in it's price range I can recommend in it's place.

The original Mobius with supercaps is equally small but old-tech so nighttime images are not too good, and the 70mai cams use a battery which won't last long in Texas heat. Anything else I'd consider using is going to be bigger or more costly but any cam good for the front can be used to equal effect in the rear. Just be sure it's got supercaps and not a battery.

Phil
I ended up ordering a Aukey D02 (duo) for my rear window because it was the same price as the B1W for Cyber Monday. Figured even if I don’t use both cams at the same time (since I have A119 in front), I can use the “front aukey” in my rear, if that breaks I have a back up with just the rear.

Do you think this was a good move? Or should I return it and wait for the new B1W batch?

Last edited:
The Aukey is good for it's price. Some cars rear windows aren't a good match with 'wedge' cams but if yours is then you'll be OK.

Phil

When is the new batch going to be available, and how does one know is getting the latest model?

Thanks.

Not sure. It was announced here about a week ago by the company who makes them. From first manufacture it usually takes 2-4 weeks for all the aspects of a cam to be beta or user tested thoroughly so it's going to be awhile.

Phil

I don't understand the value of a rear cam - you got twice the bandwidth requirement, and so doubling your sdcard failure rate, and maybe just 5-10% of capturng anything important. The only thing that it may help is for a parking mode feature but that's a lot of effort. I think whats more practical is something that puts a live FHD digital image in front of you while driving like some of the new cars with factory digital rear view.

Not sure. It was announced here about a week ago by the company who makes them. From first manufacture it usually takes 2-4 weeks for all the aspects of a cam to be beta or user tested thoroughly so it's going to be awhile.

Phil
Under which thread? I can't find it.

I don't understand the value of a rear cam - you got twice the bandwidth requirement, and so doubling your sdcard failure rate, and maybe just 5-10% of capturng anything important. The only thing that it may help is for a parking mode feature but that's a lot of effort. I think whats more practical is something that puts a live FHD digital image in front of you while driving like some of the new cars with factory digital rear view.
Just an extra security measure to make me more at ease. I've seen folks drive off after rear-ending someone.

Just an extra security measure to make me more at ease. I've seen folks drive off after rear-ending someone.
Well I dont have one wired up, but I spent some time looking around for a good wide angled one and the like but I think one option is just another a119v3 at the back since all the wired rear cams seem to use a coax cable which I'm not convinced give good HD images. The car manufacturers use quite complex digital processing to enhance pictures for full HD reverse cameras. Obviously this is not discreet so I'm not sure what the violator will do if he sees a rear cam that size hanging out the back ..

Back