Different G-sensor sensitivity for parking mode

pinok

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I cannot find the option to set a different G-sensor sensitivity for parking mode and driving mode, so I think it doesn't exist.
I need two different settings because there are a lot of potholes on my roads and with the highest sensitivity I have a lot of "false positive" and therefore a lot of files locked.
In order to avoid that those events are triggered, I have had to lower the G-sensor level.
But I wish to leave it to "high" during the parking mode, to lock files that have recorded even a minimal event.

Is this already possible?
@viofo , do you plan to implement this feature in future firmwares?
Many thanks in advance

This latest V1.7 version support set G-sensor sensitivity for parking mode.

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try

Dear @viofo
I tried the firmware 1.7 and I saw the new menu item.
I've no mode to test it, anyway what I've noticed is that it always records at full bitrate, even if I set low bitrate for parking mode.
Could you kindly check if I'm wrong?

Dear @viofo
I tried the firmware 1.7 and I saw the new menu item.
I've no mode to test it, anyway what I've noticed is that it always records at full bitrate, even if I set low bitrate for parking mode.
Could you kindly check if I'm wrong?
Are you using the VIOFO 3-wire hardwire kit and are you powering the camera directly, not through the mount?

Obviously yes
There was no problem with firmware 1.5; the problem arised after I've upgrade to 1.7, even if I set again the same settings

Obviously yes
There was no problem with firmware 1.5; the problem arised after I've upgrade to 1.7, even if I set again the same settings
Not sure why it was obvious. Did you manually default the cameras settings after the upgrade? Try that if you did not.

It was obvious because I've written about this problem after I did the firmware upgrade.
Anyway, I didn't reset the camera settings to default, but I had to set again all of them because they were new or lost.

Are you using 1.7? If so, did you notice if the low bitrate is working for parking mode?

Have not tried V1.7 yet. Manually default the cameras settings (in the menu) and try again.

Just loaded V1.7 in my personal A129 DUO setup and it enters and exits Low Bitrate parking mode just as in V1.5, but the bitrate is still same as normal mode (about 16 Mbps). The files are labled correctly, PF for front and PR for rear. @viofo seems to be a bug.

Back