Different kinds of mounts?

walkjp1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Can anyone give me some info on different kinds of mounts for these cameras please? The tape kind does not hold up to tropical heat.

Thank You

Try double sided foam tape. It holds very well.

3M has different types of mounting tape with some being quite permanent. There's also some velcro tape which has been reported to do well in high heats. Sorry I can't remember which types these are but @Dashmellow knows something about the subject and may be able to help.

For 3M tape to work at it's best your windshield has to be spotlessly clean where you stick it. You also need to apply the mount only and leave it in place for 24 hours without the cam- this allows the tape to achieve a full bond which it won't do with the weight of the camera put on it right away.

Phil

3M has different types of mounting tape with some being quite permanent. There's also some velcro tape which has been reported to do well in high heats. Sorry I can't remember which types these are but @Dashmellow knows something about the subject and may be able to help.

For 3M tape to work at it's best your windshield has to be spotlessly clean where you stick it. You also need to apply the mount only and leave it in place for 24 hours without the cam- this allows the tape to achieve a full bond which it won't do with the weight of the camera put on it right away.

Phil
Thanks Phil,

The problem does not seem to be with the tape sticking. But it turns to a putty like quality in high heat. The camera starts drooping and I remove it.

How is this different from the double sided 3M automotive tape that comes with the mount?

Double sided tape is a bit thicker. Seems to hold up well in heat. But then again, I guess it also depends on the brand. Try Gorilla tape. It might be difficult to get off, but with some goo gone, removal of the sticky residue is easy.

Double sided tape is a bit thicker. Seems to hold up well in heat. But then again, I guess it also depends on the brand. Try Gorilla tape. It might be difficult to get off, but with some goo gone, removal of the sticky residue is easy.
Will have to try it then. Thanks

Back