Different packages with Mobius - which is the best? (Also SD card)

Not a stupid question by any means. Although I did/do have the card installed and the camera on.

Just took a pause then to try one more time with this cable and Windows bought up a dialogue box saying there was a problem with the Mobius and do I want them to scan and fix the problem? (Or words to that effect) That seemed to fix it and the camera was then recognised again. Created a new profile and named it.

At this stage that is how I left it. Does that new Profile go to the camera automatically?

BUGGER! Unplugged it Hit Power, got a quick Blue light and 4 seconds later a solid Yellow light. No Recording light indication (I have set recording to Button in the Profile) and hitting the Power button turns the unit Off.

Now plugged it back in and can see the camera again. Green charging light on. What next pleeeeeease? :confused:
You can not record while attached to the computer using the short supplied USB data cable. The camera will sense it's connected to a computer and the solid yellow (standby) is what you will see unless you hit the power button, turn if off and charge it(green light).

Make sure you charge it completely, which takes about two hours.

You can not record while attached to the computer using the short supplied USB data cable. The camera will sense it's connected to a computer and the solid yellow (standby) is what you will see unless you hit the power button, turn if off and charge it(green light).

Make sure you charge it completely, which takes about two hours.

Sorry I knew that but when it is not connected and presume fully charged this is what I get...

Lens cap off, hit the Power button and get quick Blue flash on top LED followed by what seems to be three very quick Red flashes on the end LED and then 3 seconds later a solid Yellow on top LED. Nothing at the end LED to indicate recording. (Did not alter that feature with the LEDs in the profile) Another hit of the Power button turns all off.

BTW: The card is a brand new 32GB Kingston Class 4 from a reputable dealer.

Cheers

Sorry I knew that but when it is not connected and presume fully charged this is what I get...

Lens cap off, hit the Power button and get quick Blue flash on top LED followed by what seems to be three very quick Red flashes on the end LED and then 3 seconds later a solid Yellow on top LED. Nothing at the end LED to indicate recording. (Did not alter that feature with the LEDs in the profile) Another hit of the Power button turns all off.

BTW: The card is a brand new 32GB Kingston Class 4 from a reputable dealer.

Cheers
You need to download the Instruction Manual and have a good read through it. Hope that the link to this webpage will help you.... http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html The static Yellow you've described is Standby (waiting to record Movie), all the various LED flashes are found within the manual.
This page also has links to various Software that will help you alter settings (depending on how you want to use your Mobius) and links to latest Firmware available (FW 1.20 is the latest, but FW 1.13 & FW 1.17 also available).
The Class 4 Kingston Card you have should be fine, I use one myself. It's always best to format it in your Mobius.

Explore the Instruction Manual and enjoy!

You need to download the Instruction Manual and have a good read through it. Hope that the link to this webpage will help you.... http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html The static Yellow you've described is Standby (waiting to record Movie), all the various LED flashes are found within the manual.
This page also has links to various Software that will help you alter settings (depending on how you want to use your Mobius) and links to latest Firmware available (FW 1.20 is the latest, but FW 1.13 & FW 1.17 also available).
The Class 4 Kingston Card you have should be fine, I use one myself. It's always best to format it in your Mobius.

Explore the Instruction Manual and enjoy!

I have had a printed copy of that manual for the last few days and was not expecting the hassles I have encountered.

Just tried plugging the came into another laptop and it at least recognises the Mobius under My Computer as a Mobius and not just Drive E.

Just used that laptop to configure and save a new profile and still the same when it is unplugged.

No blinking light to show it is recording (Just a solid Yellow on top) and nothing in the Mobius file when plugged back into that laptop.

Hopefully I can sort it out in the morning after a good sleep tonight.
Thanks for any assistance.

No blinking light to show it is recording (Just a solid Yellow on top) and nothing in the Mobius file when plugged back into that laptop.
What you just described is normal unless you set the Power On Auto Record setting.
image.jpg

The camera will come on (blue flashes), the tell you the battery is charged (3 red flashes) and then go into standby (solid yellow). The next step is to press the shutter button to record, not the power button.
image.jpg
If you want recording to happen automatically, select Power On Auto Record to Button or Both. Both so it comes on when it's connected to external power (not the data/computer cable) and when it's not connected to anything and you turn the camera on.

Hope this helps

What you just described is normal unless you set the Power On Auto Record setting.

The camera will come on (blue flashes), the tell you the battery is charged (3 red flashes) and then go into standby (solid yellow). The next step is to press the shutter button to record, not the power button.
If you want recording to happen automatically, select Power On Auto Record to Button or Both. Both so it comes on when it's connected to external power (not the data/computer cable) and when it's not connected to anything and you turn the camera on.

Hope this helps
IT DID!
Tequilas are on me.

Woke up after a good sleep reread the whole manual starting from Trouble shooting then going to the start and then got to The Power Button/The Shutter Button and actually solved it myself.

Could have saved myself a lot of time had I turned on the lappy first and read your most helpful advice.

I AM AN IDIOT! (Sorry had to shout that out) I should have not skip read that piece assuming it was simply referring to turning the darn thing on. :oops:

Tested it out and the recording quality is brilliant. (Jeez that wall needs a paint)

Thanks everyone for assisting me.

PS: I just set up a new Profile to invert the the picture to use in the car. When you Save that it asks to overwrite the one originally created and after doing this do I have to do anything else? I tried this twice but after removing the camera and testing the video still had not inverted. Do I have to format the card before the new configuration Profile is accepted?

Sorry for the silly questions but still have my camera Learners plates on.

Edit: Don't know what I did different the last time but it now works inverted! :D

Next test is in the car as this room is starting to be boring.(Video wise) Although from the great picture quality I have seen so far I am already contemplating buying another Mobius but the wide angle model this time. Could just get the lens but another camera would not go amiss. IMO ;)

Last edited:
Okay back from first drive (20 minute run) with the camera in the car. Well hidden behind the rear vision mirror using the suction cup mount holder I bought with the camera.

Picture quality was so much better than I imagined it would be BUT the damn picture was upside down!

Thought I had sorted that in the mSetup by creating a new Profile with the box ticked to have the picture inverted. Also thought I had tested it inside before I left and it had worked.

Just did a series of test set ups again and the camera still shows normal picture each time I plug back in to check.
After creating a new Profile in mSetup how does one ensure it is sent/remains on the camera?
Hopefully this is my last hurdle and appreciate your assistance.

Edit:
SOLVED!

Stupid me forgot to hit Set Parameters in mSetup for the new Profile configuration.

LOL I just did a second test of a couple of klms to find on arrival back home that I had forgotten to take the lens cap off. :eek:

So third time lucky and all is good!

Great PQ but mounted on the windscreen the wider angle lens would give a better peripheral view. IMHO

Tried the camera slid between the headrest and the top of the front passenger seat and that was a better angle. Although if you had a tall passenger they would obstruct it. Along with the heat build up between the seat top and the headrest could be a problem. o_O

Last edited:
Okay back from first drive (20 minute run) with the camera in the car. Well hidden behind the rear vision mirror using the suction cup mount holder I bought with the camera.

Picture quality was so much better than I imagined it would be BUT the damn picture was upside down!

Thought I had sorted that in the mSetup by creating a new Profile with the box ticked to have the picture inverted. Also thought I had tested it inside before I left and it had worked.

Just did a series of test set ups again and the camera still shows normal picture each time I plug back in to check.
After creating a new Profile in mSetup how does one ensure it is sent/remains on the camera?
Hopefully this is my last hurdle and appreciate your assistance.

Edit:
SOLVED!

Stupid me forgot to hit Set Parameters in mSetup for the new Profile configuration.

LOL I just did a second test of a couple of klms to find on arrival back home that I had forgotten to take the lens cap off. :eek:

So third time lucky and all is good!

Great PQ but mounted on the windscreen the wider angle lens would give a better peripheral view. IMHO

Tried the camera slid between the headrest and the top of the front passenger seat and that was a better angle. Although if you had a tall passenger they would obstruct it. Along with the heat build up between the seat top and the headrest could be a problem. o_O
I think you're confusing profiles with settings. Profiles are stored on your disk and contain all the camera settings for ONE configuration. You only need to use profiles if you want easy PC access to a different group of settings or for experimenting with different parameter values, like different exposure, contrast, etc. Think of it like this, a profile will save the current settings shown on the screen to your PC's hard drive. The idea is that you create different profiles for different situations such as motion detection, dull days, bright days, night time, etc.
Normally, you do not need to use profiles. Their use is more for advanced users.

If you want a setting for normal video and another for inverted video then simply set the appropriate parameters in the "Video Mode Settings" tab. For example, set Video Mode 1 to normal and Video Mode 2 to 180° but make sure that Frame Rate, Resolution and FOV are set correctly (identical, in your case).
From the above example the yellow LED (Mode 1) will record a normal video and the blue LED (Mode 2) will record a rotated video.

You can use the same idea for having the yellow LED (Mode 1) as normal video (wide FOV) and the blue LED (Mode 2) as 'zoomed' (narrow FOV).

I think you're confusing profiles with settings. Profiles are stored on your disk and contain all the camera settings for ONE configuration. You only need to use profiles if you want easy PC access to a different group of settings or for experimenting with different parameter values, like different exposure, contrast, etc. Think of it like this, a profile will save the current settings shown on the screen to your PC's hard drive. The idea is that you create different profiles for different situations such as motion detection, dull days, bright days, night time, etc.
Normally, you do not need to use profiles. Their use is more for advanced users.

If you want a setting for normal video and another for inverted video then simply set the appropriate parameters in the "Video Mode Settings" tab. For example, set Video Mode 1 to normal and Video Mode 2 to 180° but make sure that Frame Rate, Resolution and FOV are set correctly (identical, in your case).
From the above example the yellow LED (Mode 1) will record a normal video and the blue LED (Mode 2) will record a rotated video.

You can use the same idea for having the yellow LED (Mode 1) as normal video (wide FOV) and the blue LED (Mode 2) as 'zoomed' (narrow FOV).

I am not confusing anything NOW!

Having struggled initially but thanks to forum members here and my fiddling rectified the problem my fiddling got me into.

I did know the camera came already set up to use but due to the dyslexic way I read the manual and the fact I wanted to set the the camera up to a different standard I got myself into that pickle. :confused:

Was it worth it? A resounding YES!

Now I feel confident to operate and reset the camera to what I want. It is great to go into what took me hours to fathom now to be able to show mates that whole procedure in minutes. I can see a few of them buying a Mobius in the very near future. (...and me buying a second one)

Hopefully some other newbies like myself can pick up from my posts and their replies a hint or two. Such as when creating a new Profile with mSetup to Name and Save it. Plus to hit Set Parameters. Obvious to tech heads such as yourself but not so much to newbies like me.
I may have missed it but could not see any mention of Set parameters or just a simple explanation of doing the configuration.

I do appreciate the great work you do. Keep it up! ;)

I am not confusing anything NOW!

Having struggled initially but thanks to forum members here and my fiddling rectified the problem my fiddling got me into.

I did know the camera came already set up to use but due to the dyslexic way I read the manual and the fact I wanted to set the the camera up to a different standard I got myself into that pickle. :confused:

Was it worth it? A resounding YES!

Now I feel confident to operate and reset the camera to what I want. It is great to go into what took me hours to fathom now to be able to show mates that whole procedure in minutes. I can see a few of them buying a Mobius in the very near future. (...and me buying a second one)

Hopefully some other newbies like myself can pick up from my posts and their replies a hint or two. Such as when creating a new Profile with mSetup to Name and Save it. Plus to hit Set Parameters. Obvious to tech heads such as yourself but not so much to newbies like me.
I may have missed it but could not see any mention of Set parameters or just a simple explanation of doing the configuration.

I do appreciate the great work you do. Keep it up! ;)
I have tried to keep the GUI as simple as possible so that even newbies can understand it, but I keep learning!
It seems that three points can sometimes be confusing to newbies.

1. You have to select the camera in the large window at the top of the screen before you can set any parameters.
  2. You have to click the "Set Parameters" button to set the camera's parameters.
  3. The camera will be disconnected when you click this button.
What can I do to make it easier to understand? I'm sure many others just dive in like you did. I'm always open to ideas.
Maybe a dialog highlighting the above three points the first time you run the GUI?

I have tried to keep the GUI as simple as possible so that even newbies can understand it, but I keep learning!

1. You have to select the camera in the large window at the top of the screen before you can set any parameters.
  2. You have to click the "Set Parameters" button to set the camera's parameters.
What can I do to make it easier to understand? I'm sure many others just dive in like you did. I'm always open to ideas.
Maybe a dialog highlighting the above three points the first time you run the GUI?
Maybe, if easy, make each item flash on and off. When you connect the camera, it will flash in the upper screen. And after changing a setting the set parameter button could flash.

Just an idea to give each attention. I find yours easier and more intuitive then Therau2000's. Thanks again for all you hard work.

Maybe, if easy, make each item flash on and off. When you connect the camera, it will flash in the upper screen. And after changing a setting the set parameter button could flash.

Just an idea to give each attention. I find yours easier and more intuitive then Therau2000's. Thanks again for all you hard work.
The apps are designed for completely different operating systems. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with all the different Android phones on the market. I'm also not an avid smartphone user. They're convenient when nothing else is available, but when I'm on vacation I use my notebook far more than my smartphone, except for making calls, of course. That's just my opinion and most likely the majority of users would prefer a smartphone. Maybe I'm old fashioned
;)

The apps are designed for completely different operating systems. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with all the different Android phones on the market. I'm also not an avid smartphone user. They're convenient when nothing else is available, but when I'm on vacation I use my notebook far more than my smartphone, except for making calls, of course. That's just my opinion and most likely the majority of users would prefer a smartphone. Maybe I'm old fashioned ;)
I'm with you. These eyes weren't raised on such small screens

Sorry for the late reply but am a little snowed under at the moment.

I don't think there is a lot more you can do to make it easier for Dummies such as myself so just keep up the good technical work you are doing.

If I get the chance I will draft a, "Dummies Guide to Your First Mobius Camera" and send you a copy to proofread/edit and post if you feel it would be helpful.

I am sure there will be other nummies out there (Like me) that can relate to the KISS principle. (Keep It Simple Stupid) ;)

On a side note talking of stupid I did it again yesterday. Did a short trip and remembered to put the Mobius in the car and turn it on. A chap reversed out in front of me and I just narrowly avoided hitting him. That I thought would be a piece of footage worth saving to show friends. Not to be! Got home and grabbed the camera to then realise the bloody lens cap had not been taken off. :oops: Would have only gotten the soundtrack of me cursing that dumb driver. :mad:

;) Solution: I will tie about six inches of coloured string to the lens cap and then be sure to see it dangling below the rear vision mirror to remind me to remove it.

Sorry for the late reply but am a little snowed under at the moment.

I don't think there is a lot more you can do to make it easier for Dummies such as myself so just keep up the good technical work you are doing.

If I get the chance I will draft a, "Dummies Guide to Your First Mobius Camera" and send you a copy to proofread/edit and post if you feel it would be helpful.

I am sure there will be other nummies out there (Like me) that can relate to the KISS principle. (Keep It Simple Stupid) ;)

On a side note talking of stupid I did it again yesterday. Did a short trip and remembered to put the Mobius in the car and turn it on. A chap reversed out in front of me and I just narrowly avoided hitting him. That I thought would be a piece of footage worth saving to show friends. Not to be! Got home and grabbed the camera to then realise the bloody lens cap had not been taken off. :oops: Would have only gotten the soundtrack of me cursing that dumb driver. :mad:

;) Solution: I will tie about six inches of coloured string to the lens cap and then be sure to see it dangling below the rear vision mirror to remind me to remove it.
I think most of us forget the lens cap once in a while ;)
I wrote a very short, 2-page, instruction sheet for the developer some time ago. I don't know if he ever included it with the camera though. There were also no instructions on how to use the setup tool.

Back