Different versions of GPS mount for A119

Vexorg

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have an A119 and would like to add a GPS mount, browsing amazon and found a "new version" which appears to have some padding and different pins.

Does anyone know if there is a new version and if this one will fit the A119. ( link )

Thanks

I have an A119 and would like to add a GPS mount, browsing amazon and found a "new version" which appears to have some padding and different pins.

Does anyone know if there is a new version and if this one will fit the A119. ( link )

Thanks
There is now a new version of A119 and A119S. Referred to as V2 and will have V2 in the serial number. There is also a new version of the GPS mount that matches the connection points on this new version. The new camera version is not compatible with the original version GPS mount and the new version GPS mount is not compatible with the original camera version.

I did not realize there is a V2 for the A119 as well. Nothing on Amazon.ca yet so waiting for retailers to bring this on. Including @OCD Tronic to start their Canadian store! Ping me when ready with the V2 please :0

Does that mean everyone will be sending back The V1 back to the Sellers saying its defective. In reality the V1 can be considered a bit of a lame duck.

It doesn't happen to everyone but for those original units affected the GPS power connection pass through V1 spring pins are a bit finicky. The recommended V1 work around is to plug the mini USB power cord directly into the side of the camera bypassing the GPS mount. GPS will still function this way, and the power will remain very stable. OCD Tronic has a 1 year warranty and is happy to replace V1 for V2 as needed as well.

There is now a new version of A119 and A119S. Referred to as V2 and will have V2 in the serial number. There is also a new version of the GPS mount that matches the connection points on this new version. The new camera version is not compatible with the original version GPS mount and the new version GPS mount is not compatible with the original camera version.

Nice to know as I am thinking of ordering the GPS mount.

The serial number is not on the box. It must be on the unit itself.

Thanks for heads up.

Thanks for heads up.
Yes, S/N is on the back of the camera.

Thanks for heads up.

Both GPS mounts are available on Amazon.

Look for:

"A119MNTGPS" (for V1 original A119/A119S)

"A119MNTGPSV2" (for A119/A119S with updated V2 GPS mount connection system on the back)

The serial number on the back of your A119/A119S will have a V2 in it if you bought one recently from OCD Tronic for example.

My unit does NOT have a V letter in it. It must be a version 1 unit.
Come to think of it, it is most likely I wouldn't be using the location and speed stamps. I do think the synchronization of date/time is a useful feature. Is this correct that without the GPS unit I have to update the time every time day light saving time changes?

Is this correct that without the GPS unit I have to update the time every time day light saving time changes?
but it happens only twice a year.

You can fix the loose V1 GPS mount connection problem very easily with a small ziptie.

Both GPS mounts are available on Amazon.

Look for:

"A119MNTGPS" (for V1 original A119/A119S)

"A119MNTGPSV2" (for A119/A119S with updated V2 GPS mount connection system on the back)

The serial number on the back of your A119/A119S will have a V2 in it if you bought one recently from OCD Tronic for example.

Still looking for your store on Amazon.ca. When do you think your products will be available there?

Thanks. Just checked and nothing yet. In fact, there are no sellers selling V2 of A119 yet. Crazy.

UPS shows they were delivered, but Amazon.CA FBA has yet to notify us they have been "checked in" or "fully received" They must be backed up a bit.

UPS shows they were delivered, but Amazon.CA FBA has yet to notify us they have been "checked in" or "fully received" They must be backed up a bit.
Thx! By the way, do you have a link to your Amazon.ca store. Send a private message if you are not allowed to post links here.

Back