Difficulity downloading video via WiFi

MikeOrlando

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a DR600HW-HD installed in a work vehicle. I was able to connect with the app to set it up, view live video, etc. When I went back to review the recordings I find that it really downloads video back SLOWLY. It took about 2 minutes to get around 30 seconds of recording and then it froze. After several attempts I couldn't playback any entire clip and waiting around 2-3 minutes only got me 20-30 seconds of video. There would be no way to browse through recordings to find one of interest. Why can the live video stream so well and the recordings so poorly? Is the WiFi really only good for initial setup and live view?

Looked to do a firmware update, but was confused by the website having one firmware file and the app suggesting another.

I think mine's slower than yours. It's useless for wireless browsing.

it is useless to do anything, the speed wifi is always slow in 600

I tired to view the video using the card reader and it did not load properly. I formatted the card using the BlackVue format tool and then downloaded the new firmware so I have X:\BlackVue. I was a bit confused if I should but the content of the BlackVue folder in the root of the X: or just the BlackVue folder itself. I tried it today and now I cannot connect to the camera by WiFi at all!

Yes the DR600 wifi is useless except to use the live view to aim the camera. All the firmwares don't make any difference. I don't even use the wifi feature on it anymore. Will probably upgrade it to a DR650 1ch.

Don't expect much more useful WiFi with a DR650 1Ch. To use the PC program (which has some useful capabilities) you need to remove the memory chip and insert into computer. Wifi is not available to a PC, it does connect.. but is incapable of seeing the data.. so.. the programmers being unable to solve this issue.. provide an adapter.. micro card to USB. My.. biggest disappointment with mine.. now 2 weeks old.

Back