Difficulty in adding hardwire?

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have an Audi Q5 and my SG9663DCPRO is already all wired up and running. There is a fuse box on the passenger side "beside" the glove box. I don't know if there are multiple fuse boxes? Would the wiring being super simple to add in, or is it more of a re-wiring of the setup?

I'm sort of mainly just debating if the hardwire/parking mode is worth it...

So long as the fuse you select isn't part of any safety system or otherwise prohibited in your vehicle's owners manualit shouldn't really matter which fuse box you draw power from. In this case, which ever fuse box is more convent for you to run your wires to from the camera.

The process for hardwiring the camera is simple, but we do not recommend that you do this yourself and you get it professionally installed.

However, if you do end up doing it yourself, you can purchase the fuse taps for your vehicle (and hardwire kit if you don't have it already) from us. We also have more information in the hardwire kits manual: SGDCHW manual

Last edited:
Kaitlyn, I just saw your post. I installed the SG9663DC along with the Neo Battery in my 2015 Q5 last year. It was a two day process which included creating a new circuit in the passenger side fuse panel. If you have any questions let me know. I chatted with one of the mechanic/electrical technicians at my dealership prior to my install to validate my approach and it has worked out exceptionally well. Because I was concerned with the curtain side air bags that run front to back I took the floor approach which required the separately purchased longer cable (6.5 meters I believe).

Back