DILEMMA: LS300W or GT550W

almaz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Heya guys,

I am ALMOST convinced about getting LS300W ($145, FoxOffer)
Thanks to GeorgesNJR.

However, there is also GT300W ($109, FoxOffer), which is same AND cheaper.
Plus DOD's (LS300W) Support is far from the best

BUT as FoxOffer states, GT300W was discontinued (stopped production).
They recommend GT550W ($109, FoxOffer) instead.

So, what would you recommend, go with LS300W anyway or try GT550W?

Thank you in advance,
almaz

You are right.
They have added a not on website ( GT300W Sold out )

I guess you can trust their recommendations and go with GT550W, because till now they tried to stay honest. "On the paper" ( specs ) LS300W looks same as GT550W, but I am personally like outer front design of GT550W more. LS300W design getting bored. And GT- series firmware is proven to be more user-friendly ( much easier to updated and quicker to find new firmwares ). However final conclusions regarding quality / performance / readability can be made over some time period, where many people have bought this product, tested, shared opinions.

You can buy one, test and share your opinion here with others.

Thanks niko,
That's exactly what I wanted to hear...

BTW, how come on TioTech website I could NOT find any info about GT550W?

almaz said:
BTW, how come on TioTech website I could NOT find any info about GT550W?

There is a lot to explain how this system works and why you dont see majority of other design products on TioTech website.
They have listed there main dash cameras which mostly goes with DOD brand.
If you, me, or anybody else will place an order of lets say 1000 units, and you want specific modifications done to external body ( logo, etc ), - then they can do it for you.
As you might see from the past, GT300W series comes with different logoes style printed on the front. It means that different re-sellers ordered some bunch for themselves with specific requests.
Same goes with GT550W. Shadow-Tec or Seezeus ( same company, with different websites. First is for inner China market, second is for international buyer ) ordered GT550W with their logo / design

http://www.sz-xjs.com/

GT450W, GT550W and many other dash cams they are 100% TioTech.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Freeship ... 10306.html

you can type into Ali "TioTech" and you will find a list of their product, but with "other" companies logos printed at the front:

http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/tiote ... =y&catId=0

Hope now you know how it works ?

Last edited by a moderator:
...And the Winner is GT550W!
Well, at least for me as I ordered few minutes ago on eBay from ePrance for $115.

Guys, I will keep you posted,
almaz

when arrive for you post a Review whit pictures , videos (if possible RAW ) , and impressions.

GeorgesNJR said:
when arrive for you post a Review whit pictures , videos (if possible RAW ) , and impressions.
You got it!

Damn it!
I bought it on 08/21 and it is still in China... :(

I'd like to see some raw files too, setup a free DropBox account. Right click the folder or files, (click Share Dropbox link) Paste that here

almaz said:
Damn it!
I bought it on 08/21 and it is still in China... :(

You bought it with free standard delivery, not EMS ?

niko said:
You bought it with free standard delivery, not EMS ?
It was offered just one type of Shipping AND it was Free Shipping.

JazJon said:
I'd like to see some raw files too, setup a free DropBox account. Right click the folder or files, (click Share Dropbox link) Paste that here
You will, you will. Let me just get it first. :)

Ok, guys...
I finally got my GT550W!
It took 19 days for it to get here!

Actually, I got it before yesterday morning, but was able to get to it only Last Night after work.
Yesterday, of course, I was on the road recording all day long.

Overall, I am IMPRESSED, that so small and cheap device has so many useful features and produces VERY GOOD (IMAO) quality of video.
Camera don't look cheap though. It comes in nice sturdy Yellow box, with all cables (HDMI, USB, Car Charger and Mount).
It is light, BUT that is useful for attaching it to Windshield Glass.

So Far So Good it works FINE with my Sandisk 32GB Class 4 MicroSD (TF) Card.
It records into .MOV files, that I am able to watch in both MS Windows Media Player and Apple QuickTime and EDIT in QuickTime Pro (Cut, Join, etc.)

I covered all markings (Model Number, HD 1080P, etc) on cam with Black electrical tape to make it more discreet.

IMAO best video quality you will get right after Dawn and before Dusk. Too much Sun light or Night conditions will affect a quality.

I am in the process of selecting a few movies for you to judge.
Gonna take some time for night movies cause I have to redo them due to my dusty windshield.

almaz said:
JazJon said:

Dropbox:
GT550W - Sunny Day
GT550W - PM Rush Hour

YouTube:

GT550W - Sunny Day
GT550W - PM Rush Hour

Video quality is good as it expected, but I can see that first clip is 2.01, second is 2.00. Is there an issue with not-consistent overlapping ?
Mine ls300w overlaps by 1 sec consistently on all video clips. Or maybe it is youtube compression caused on your clips to be a different length ?

almaz said:
Ok, guys...
I finally got my GT550W!
It took 19 days for it to get here!

Actually, I got it before yesterday morning, but was able to get to it only Last Night after work.
Yesterday, of course, I was on the road recording all day long.

Overall, I am IMPRESSED, that so small and cheap device has so many useful features and produces VERY GOOD (IMAO) quality of video.
Camera don't look cheap though. It comes in nice sturdy Yellow box, with all cables (HDMI, USB, Car Charger and Mount).
It is light, BUT that is useful for attaching it to Windshield Glass.

So Far So Good it works FINE with my Sandisk 32GB Class 4 MicroSD (TF) Card.
It records into .MOV files, that I am able to watch in both MS Windows Media Player and Apple QuickTime and EDIT in QuickTime Pro (Cut, Join, etc.)

I covered all markings (Model Number, HD 1080P, etc) on cam with Black electrical tape to make it more discreet.

IMAO best video quality you will get right after Dawn and before Dusk. Too much Sun light or Night conditions will affect a quality.

I am in the process of selecting a few movies for you to judge.
Gonna take some time for night movies cause I have to redo them due to my dusty windshield.

friend where you bought it?

almaz said:
goku said:
friend where you bought it?
I bought mine on eBay from seller e-prance

Its, I believe, a same seller who sold Smallest Ambarella to JazJon...

...which is gonna be my next cam!

Both dash cams are good at day, but I am "afraid" gt300w / gt550w are better at night than 0801, based on what I saw from video samples. It is early to make 100% conclusion, but I have ordered 0801 as well to test it side by side with other dash cams incl ls300w just to see performance difference at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back