Dilemma

9uns

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, new to the boards but have come across this forum here and there when researching cameras. So I was gifted a Korean version of the 550GW-S2-2CH. I was working with BlackVue to try and get an English firmware installed and working with the camera but after weeks of delayed responses from BlackVue and a clear misunderstanding of the situation, I was told at the end that I have a Korean version of the camera (which I had explained) and that an English firmware cannot be installed even after they had reassured me that it is possible to have the camera communicate in English.

I'm not very confident in BlackVue's customer service rep as he clearly misunderstood me from the get-go. My question is, is the rep correct in that I can't get the camera to communicate in English?

Thanks in advance!

there are sellers that used to offer these Korean market models with English firmware loaded so it's certainly possible, updating the firmware on the grey market cameras generally reset things back to Korean though

there are sellers that used to offer these Korean market models with English firmware loaded so it's certainly possible, updating the firmware on the grey market cameras generally reset things back to Korean though

Thanks for the quick response and for confirming my suspicions. I'll do some research as to how to successfully load an English firmware to a Korean camera

you might find the info on one of the Russian forums, they used to do modified firmware for the older models

I found the thread I think you were referring to. However, the post from user, Ragy, I believe its post #18 has a broken link. Does anyone know if there's a new link for this or how to check the version of my camera so that I can possibly skip this step if I already have ver2?

Thanks in advance!

Back