DIMIKA 1080P Full HD Action Camera has been released! (DIMIKA OTG adaptor)

Remote lens?
Currently, we don't have plans for remote lens. We may make more improvements in the near future.
Maybe sludgeguts was thinking about lens extension option, like on Mobius ? This should be an easy and fairly cheap option to offer for potential buyers who want to do some DIY ( there are many out there I guess ).
All depends on how CMOS is connected to main board: soldered or via cable ?

Limited to the few million drivers who hate having a huge box stuck to their windscreen blocking their view & inviting potential thieves.
Maybe you are right in some point. But I still believe that there are million drivers who like to record wonderful experiences by action camera while driving. I would like to say compared with the fun and convenience the camera brought to drivers, the limitations is not even worth being mentioned. It is also one of the reasons that the action camera appears in the market, isn't it ?

In the western world most people like a dashcam to be discreet, almost invisible.
We pay thousands of $$ for a built-in satnav system (audi, bmw, mercedes) because we don't want some GPS on a suction-cup on our windscreen
Keeping that in mind, you can be sure there are many people (including me) who will consider the "no remote/extended lens" a deal breaker.

For me most cams are "action cams" ... that can be used as dashcam.
For a true dashcam it's rediculous that the entire device needs to hang on your windscreen ... I wouldn't care about the size of the main DVR, its color, if it would have a huge LCD screen etc if it would sit in the glovebox and only the part that counts (the lens) would be visible.

we don't want some GPS on a suction-cup on our windscreen
For a true dashcam it's rediculous that the entire device needs to hang on your windscreen ... I wouldn't care about the size of the main DVR, its color, if it would have a huge LCD screen etc if it would sit in the glovebox and only the part that counts (the lens) would be visible.

It's what I keep banging on about.
Seems crazy to me that manufacturers are tripping over themselves to produce the smallest cam with the best features when what they need to be doing is concentrating on getting the basics right to begin with.
As I said on another part of this site - I don't care if the main DVR is mounted in a tupperware box...

Reactions: Jim
Maybe you are right in some point. But I still believe that there are million drivers who like to record wonderful experiences by action camera while driving. I would like to say compared with the fun and convenience the camera brought to drivers, the limitations is not even worth being mentioned. It is also one of the reasons that the action camera appears in the market, isn't it ?
I think you're confusing my comment.
I believe the future of dashcams is not how small you can make the cam whilst keeping good video & audio, the future is best video and audio from multi channels, each channel recording from a screen mounted lens.
Each lens could be mounted on a window, each connected to a hidden DVR via a long cable.
The size of the main unit is unimportant, as long as you can mount a lens in a window & have top quality recording from it.

I think you're confusing my comment.
I believe the future of dashcams is not how small you can make the cam whilst keeping good video & audio, the future is best video and audio from multi channels, each channel recording from a screen mounted lens.
Each lens could be mounted on a window, each connected to a hidden DVR via a long cable.
The size of the main unit is unimportant, as long as you can mount a lens in a window & have top quality recording from it.

I don't think that the DIMIKA was primary developed as an dashcam. It's more an ultra portable FullHD camera, multi-functional and its comes with all the basic features of a dashcam - loop rec., auto start/stop, shock sensor and so on.

Your vision interesting but seems to be absolutely in contrast to that above: Not portable, not multi-functional etc. and much more expensive (please include also the installation costs for your version because not everybody is a DIY'er and this costs are extremely high in many western countries).

We are talking here about a cam for 69 USD and everything what not fits into a box for less than 70, 80 or 90 USA is in my opinion a little bit off-topic.

I don't think that the DIMIKA was primary developed as an dashcam. It's more an ultra portable FullHD camera, multi-functional and its comes with all the basic features of a dashcam - loop rec., auto start/stop, shock sensor and so on.

its primary role is not as a dashcam, same for the other similar products, it is a bonus function though and even if not ideal I'd still say any camera is going to be better than no camera

every product has room for development, there is no perfect product
Tell that to Danish politicians, ther "product" is flawless, it must be since they only make changes to "buttons" and the "manual" :D

Your vision interesting but seems to be absolutely in contrast to that above: Not portable, not multi-functional etc. and much more expensive (please include also the installation costs for your version because not everybody is a DIY'er and this costs are extremely high in many western countries).

We are talking here about a cam for 69 USD and everything what not fits into a box for less than 70, 80 or 90 USA is in my opinion a little bit off-topic.

Anyone who cannot stick a cam to the screen and run a couple of wires by tucking them into the trim, quite frankly, should not be driving. When you talk about DiY, we're not talking building a wall, house wiring , plumbing or carpentry- it's just running a cable through the car.
As for basic features of a dashcam - my old DOD was just a mini camcorder, 1080p that happened to have auto start/stop and loop record - it doesn't need to do anything else. I.t is a perfect dashcam, if not a touch large to have stuck in the screen. If I could replace the lens with similar but on a long cable, it'd be a perfect dashcam.
To be honest, with millions of drivers in the UK alone, it's about time manufacturers did the decent thing and gave us what WE want rather than what they want us to have.

I want to look at roads, license plates etc. your sample videos contain still nonmobile video looking at a bridge, gazing at sky, and a brick wall (literally). I'd like to know how the camera performs as a dashcam. Thanks,
totally agree, what's the point of advertising a DVR and showing a brick wall and a river, we want to know how good will it capture a moving number plate or what will it capture at night, what they showed was not much better than having a still photo and then saying this will look nice in 3D, this is now 2014 not 1990 when digital DVR was but a dream, you will have to show better than a still wall

What I would like is a DVR that starts up within as second or two of receiving power and an option to have the DVR still running for a set time, like 1 or 3 or 5 minutes (or user set) after power is switched off

Last edited:
2 questions..
Will there be a dashcam clip at nite? nite flight is good but it is not the same...
the usb charger is not part of the purchase package?

Last edited:
My reply was referring to:

best video and audio from multi channels, each channel recording from a screen mounted lens.

It sound a little bit different than:

Anyone who cannot stick a cam to the screen and run a couple of wires by tucking them into the trim, quite frankly, should not be driving.

Have a nice week ;-)

2 questions..
Will there be a dashcam clip at nite? nite flight is good but it is not the same...
the usb charger is not part of the purchase package?
1.Yes,we will release the dashcam clip at night as soon as we get it ready. We would like to ask for some patience.
2. The package includes: 1*DIMIKA 1080
1*User Manual
1*USB Cable

totally agree, what's the point of advertising a DVR and showing a brick wall and a river, we want to know how good will it capture a moving number plate or what will it capture at night, what they showed was not much better than having a still photo and then saying this will look nice in 3D, this is now 2014 not 1990 when digital DVR was but a dream, you will have to show better than a still wall

Here is the blog about using DIMIKA as a Dashcam
http://dimikacamera.com/dimika-dashcam/

And once again just more advertising on the blog. No night time videos, no files to download to examine footage details. Hope to see more of what dashcam enthusiasts are interested in. Thanks.

what is this camera aimed at? is it an action camera or is it supposed to be a DVR this site is for DVR cameras, so showing me its good to shoot buildings and a nice blue sky or showing me your fancy hand held skills of footage shot in to the sun then turn upside down isn't how one would use a DVR, if you are selling a DVR then please show me why I should throw my money at you on a camera that takes good images of the sky or looks good it turned upside down, or is this another cheap way of advertising your product without you having working out your market?

poor show, must do better

I really love the performance of the DIMIKA against the sun.

From videos it looks doing its job, but it's same as on Mobius and Innovv, so from this point of view they all do the same job.

And once again just more advertising on the blog. No night time videos, no files to download to examine footage details. Hope to see more of what dashcam enthusiasts are interested in. Thanks.

Agree.
For final fair judgement need to compare side by side all competitors ( Dimika vs Innovv vs Mobius ) in one go.

I have built this : Mount for 6x Mobius, Innovv, Dimika side by side test in car

I have all "other dash-cams", but missing a Dimika ;) ( @innotrends ), so I could make a fair side by side comparison test of all 3 brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back