Direct Wiring Questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 44655
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44655

Happy New Year!

I have just bought my first dashcam and it is the DDPAI Mini2.

I have a long commute and parking at work is a disaster - large parking lot with the majority of people being unhappy non-employees and not enough spots. So, the Parking Mode is important to me.

I have a few questions that I am looking for advice about.

I would like to hardwire directly into the fuse box of my 2013 Subaru Legacy and am wondering about exploiting the "Trailer Hitch" slot (I will never attach a trailer to my car). Does anyone know if that would have constant power? I am assuming it would because your Hazard Lights need to work if you are broken down on the side of the road. There are some Empty fuse spots, but I have read that they are Accessory Power only.

Also, is there any recommended wiring kits? I am getting confused with all of the options on Amazon; a lot look like junk.

Capture.GIF

Happy New Year!

I have just bought my first dashcam and it is the DDPAI Mini2.

I have a long commute and parking at work is a disaster - large parking lot with the majority of people being unhappy non-employees and not enough spots. So, the Parking Mode is important to me.

I have a few questions that I am looking for advice about.

I would like to hardwire directly into the fuse box of my 2013 Subaru Legacy and am wondering about exploiting the "Trailer Hitch" slot (I will never attach a trailer to my car). Does anyone know if that would have constant power? I am assuming it would because your Hazard Lights need to work if you are broken down on the side of the road. There are some Empty fuse spots, but I have read that they are Accessory Power only.

Also, is there any recommended wiring kits? I am getting confused with all of the options on Amazon; a lot look like junk.

View attachment 35431
I've just hard wired a dashcam. I found the easiest and most convenient connection for me was the overhead interior light. I bought a kit from Amazon for this. Ran a wire under the trim to a push to make switch conveniently out of sight under the steering wheel trim. Now I switch the dashcam on and off as I please but you have to take care to ensure you don't leave it on for long periods when parked at home or it will drain the battery. You can get a special auxilliary battery for this that senses current drain on the car battery but it's expensive and cost more than my dashcam.

If for DDPai mini2 dashcam, don't need to worry about "drain the battery", because the parking monitor of DDPai mini2 is based on "gravity detection", you could set "auto shutdown time" via APP.

If for DDPai mini2 dashcam, don't need to worry about "drain the battery", because the parking monitor of DDPai mini2 is based on "gravity detection", you could set "auto shutdown time" via APP.
Thanks for that info, didn't know that. It's not the DDPai I've hardwired it's a different dashcam in another vehicle - an Aukey DR02 dual camera dashcam.

Accordingly, indeed risky for draining car battery.

Hello everyone.

I am replying here to save opening a new thread.

If mini2 is hardwired to a constant fuse or constant cigarette lighter, how does it know when the car is parked and the key is removed (since it always receives 12v voltage), so that it enters parking mode?

Hello everyone.

I am replying here to save opening a new thread.

If mini2 is hardwired to a constant fuse or constant cigarette lighter, how does it know when the car is parked and the key is removed (since it always receives 12v voltage), so that it enters parking mode?
Hello friend,

1, The parking monitor of mini2 is base on gravity detection but not voltage detection;

2, The camera will enter into parking mode after 15 minutes of "motionless"(zero G-force) if: 1), set parking mode in DDPai APP; 2), constant power is on.

Back