Disable parking mode?

Robinsonr810

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I'm going to have the a129 pro installed next week. From all my research I can't for the life of me figure out if there's an option to just always disable parking mode. I'm going to have it hard wired , but I don't really want to use parking mode. Is there a setting to disable it?

Why don't you just connect static power to both static and ignition wires on the hardware kit?

I'm not a tech person and have no idea how the install works. So would I tell the installer to do what you said if I want to permanently disable parking mode? Curious though if there's a way to let me use it randomly like if I'm parked somewhere where I actually do want it on. But would like the default to be off because I know I will forget to turn it off everytime I park

Actually it depends on what you mean by "disable parking mode". Do you want the camera to just turn off once you turn off your ignition, or do you want it to record in a regular mode?

Actually it depends on what you mean by "disable parking mode". Do you want the camera to just turn off once you turn off your ignition, or do you want it to record in a regular mode?
Definitely not record in regular mode when parked. I want it to just turn off when I turn off the car. But i want the ability to turn parking mode on every once in a while. Basically I'm afraid I'll kill my battery if I leave it on parking mode always. Majority of time I'm parked at home and I know I will forget to just turn the camera off. I want default to just not have parking mode on and have the camera shut off. But ability to turn parking mode on sometimes. Is that possible?

You can configure the hardware kit to cut the power if your battery goes below a set voltage - 11.8V / 12.0V / 12.2V / 12.4V. There's a switch for that. That way you will prevent the battery from draining below the threshold.

But you can connect the hardware kit just with the ignition power, so it will simply turn off once you turn off the ignition.

I don't think you can configure the camera to have the parking mode disabled by default and activated only manually when you leave the car. It's going to remember the last setting, so you would need to disable it afterwards to make it disabled for the next time.
1627913387673.png

Thank you. What about the timer feature I have read about? Is that part of the latest firmware? What are the options? Can I set it to 5 mins? And is it easy to change to a longer time through the settings if I ever want it on longer?

I do not know that - sorry. But I'm sure somebody will give you the answer :)

I do not know that - sorry. But I'm sure somebody will give you the answer :)
Thanks:) also for the picture of the voltage switch u posted, is that something that will be visible somewhere so I can change it on my own? Or will it be behind something where I wouldn't be able to easily get to it? Or is that just dependent on what the installer does?

It depends on the installing person :)

It depends on the installing person :)
Thanks, I'll ask them to put it somewhere I can easily access :) is there anything else I should know about different ways of installing that I should mention to them for any other gadgets or features.

I am testing now parking mode, if you go to the options and just set "off" in parking mode (no low bit rate, or timelapse or event) you will disable it with the HK3. Then when you want to enable you just have to again set whatever you want (usually the last one event detection).

The only thing I don't like is you can not disable the motion detection, so if you are in a public area your card will be full of parking events even in low sensitivity. I can not understand how viofo doesn't include an option High, medium, low and off motion sensitivity for parking, then just lock the file when someone hit your car.

HK3 I also tested the disconnection by low tension, it works well but you have to connect the ACC to boot the A129 and then or the tension rise or you change the setting to a lower value, then disconnect the ACC and it will continue recording with the battery one.

so even if parking mode is set to off it will still record if it sees motion when I'm parked?
Negative, in my unit if the parking mode is set to off when you disconnect the ACC the camera turns off, so it doesn't record anything.
I was testing the option of motion detection that says that parking mode doesn't work, then I disconnect the ACC and the camera turns off completely.... so, not very clear why we have motion detection in the normal recording.

From the manual:
Motion Detection If turned ON, the camera will start recording on detecting any movement within its FOV (field of view). Once the camera does not detect any movement for 60 seconds, it will stop recording and return to ‘Motion-Detection’ mode. A recording will resume if any new movement is detected. Note: Do not turn on ‘Motion Detection’ unless your vehicle is parked. If ‘Motion Detection’ is enabled while driving, the camera may not record continuously.

So it is just recording only if the car is moving with ACC cable connected... it doesn't make sense... what we need is to disable the motion detection in the parking mode and triggers just with the G impact. Well perhaps if you don't have HK3 it makes sense... it is always on, but then if you are driving and nothing changes could get crazy with the files (if you are stopped at the traffic light could stop recording). Again, it is not a good idea to use this.

edit: or even better, just protect the parking files just with G impact and not with every single motion detection. Of course thing will move, but we just want to protect the impacts and if you want record the movement (but not pretect it).

Last edited:
I want it to just turn off when I turn off the car. But i want the ability to turn parking mode on every once in a while.
Set Parking Mode off in the setting menu can turn the dashcam off when the vehicle is parked. When you want to turn the Parking Mode on, just set it on in setting menu.

Set Parking Mode off in the setting menu can turn the dashcam off when the vehicle is parked. When you want to turn the Parking Mode on, just set it on in setting menu.
Thank you :) it seemed very hard to find anything online that says that is a setting option

Thank you :) it seemed very hard to find anything online that says that is a setting option
You can find this option in the setting menu. Enter the setting menu, find out Parking Mode, click it and choose off.

Is it possible to place a switch on the red wire of the HK3 to disable parking mode at night for example ?
Will the camera starts recording when ACC will turn ON, and red wire is still at 0V (additional DIY switch off) ?

Yes, what i have done is a 3-way switch.
images.jpg
'1' directs car ACC to HK3 Battery.
'11' directs car Battery to HK3 Battery.
'0' is off, obviously.

Putting it in '1' acts like the camera is connected to cigarette lighter power, turns on when car is on, turns off when car is off, regardless of parking mode settings in the camera.
Putting it in '11' acts like the camera is connected to the HK3, everything will follow the settings in the camera, Time delay to switch to parking mode, motion and g-sensor sensitivity, max recording time, and the slider on the HK3 for voltage cut off.
Putting it in '0' is off, regardless if car is on or off.

Thanks, I understand the way it works.
As I understand it, you connect central pin of the swtich to "permanent +" of the HK3,
pin 1 connected to +ACC in the fuse box,
and pin 11 connected to "permanent +" in the fuse box ?

Back