Disable parking mode?

Thanks, I understand the way it works.
As I understand it, you connect central pin of the swtich to "permanent +" of the HK3,
pin 1 connected to +ACC in the fuse box,
and pin 11 connected to "permanent +" in the fuse box ?
Yes, that sounds about right.

Is it possible to place a switch on the red wire of the HK3 to disable parking mode at night for example ?
Will the camera starts recording when ACC will turn ON, and red wire is still at 0V (additional DIY switch off) ?
I do not believe the camera will turn back on when you restart the car if the switch controlling the red wire is still off. You can simply press and hold the menu button for a few seconds to manually power down the camera when you don't want parking mode. It will start back up normally when you restart the car.

You can simply press and hold the menu button for a few seconds to manually power down the camera when you don't want parking mode. It will start back up normally when you restart the car.
Thanks, this is in fact the simplest way !

Yes, what i have done is a 3-way switch.
View attachment 58759
'1' directs car ACC to HK3 Battery.
'11' directs car Battery to HK3 Battery.
'0' is off, obviously.

Putting it in '1' acts like the camera is connected to cigarette lighter power, turns on when car is on, turns off when car is off, regardless of parking mode settings in the camera.
Putting it in '11' acts like the camera is connected to the HK3, everything will follow the settings in the camera, Time delay to switch to parking mode, motion and g-sensor sensitivity, max recording time, and the slider on the HK3 for voltage cut off.
Putting it in '0' is off, regardless if car is on or off.
This little gadget is perfect! What is it called?

This little gadget is perfect! What is it called?
single pole double throw switch - SPDT is how it is written. (On) - OFF - (On) Note in some switches the A swipe arm (Pole) can be placed in between B and C to create the OFF

SPDT-Switch-Diagram.png

Ref: electrical4u Web link

single pole double throw switch - SPDT is how it is written. (On) - OFF - (On) Note in some switches the A swipe arm (Pole) can be placed in between B and C to create the OFF

SPDT-Switch-Diagram.png

Ref: electrical4u Web link
Excellent - I will use the app and disable parking mode on 35-47 degree days.

Alternatively, use an OBD power cable to run your dash cam. Just flip the switch when you want to enter parking mode when the engine is turned off (need to have parking mode turned on in the menu beforehand).

Back