Disabling BlackVue Cloud

JayTeeV3

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys, i recently purchased a dr650gw-2ch and i was under the impression that to use the wifi features you had to be connected the cloud. once i realised this wasn't the case and the cloud showed my location to thousands of other users i freaked out and de-linked my camera from the cloud account and downgraded to what i think is non-cloud firmware 1.010, however i am a little bit OCD and need to be 100% sure all the time haha.

so is there anyway i can confirm the firmware downgrade and delinking the camera worked so i'm 100% sure i'm not connected to the cloud to put my mind at ease thanks.

I'm pretty sure that you need to be on V2.00 and above to access the cloud feature.

I'm pretty sure that you need to be on V2.00 and above to access the cloud feature.
Thanks, how do i check the firmware version to make sure the downgrade worked?

Connect to the Dashcam via wifi and click on Firmware version or take the memory card out and put it in a PC/Mac and open Blackvue viewer. That will tell you.

Connect to the Dashcam via wifi and click on Firmware version or take the memory card out and put it in a PC/Mac and open Blackvue viewer. That will tell you.
Thanks so much, is it confirmed that only firmware 2.00 and above can access the cloud?

Also, if you have not set up cloud access, which means setting up an SSID/PSWD then your unit will never connect to the cloud and therefore never report your location.

Also, if you have not set up cloud access, which means setting up an SSID/PSWD then your unit will never connect to the cloud and therefore never report your location.
I did set that up initially, but like i said tried to disconnect as best i could. now i'm just trying to make sure im 100% disconnected.

Just try connecting to the "Cloud". That'll tell you one way or another.

I'm pretty sure the downgrade worked but some things aren't working as well as they use to what is the most stable non cloud firmware?

Back