Disabling the parked event announcement?

Pipps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Badly designed Thinkware F770
Every time I enter the vehicle, I hear the F770's unnecessary and irritating announcement declaring "over 10" events.

How can this announcement be disabled please? Or will I have to dismantle the product to remove the speaker?

I assume you use motion detect for parking mode ?
I have no idea about the notification, there are a good chance you cant disable it, unless you stop using parking mode.
Or maybe you can disable notifications but then its all of them.

But lets wait and see what people with actual camera / brand experience have to say.

This item was purchased specifically for its parking mode.

All notifications have been disabled but this one still plays.

Motion detection for parking mode is recording acceptably.

But I do not want the unit to announce events on power up.

As you have found you can't disable the Parking Events. It does this as how else would you know that something had potentially damaged the vehicle whilst parked and if it was small damage you may not notice for a few days and then the footage would have been overwritten.

Thanks for your reply. I can see your point in theory. But would it not be better to leave that decision up to the end user? Would it have taken Thinkware any effort to make that a selectable option within the unit's software?

I for one have no interest in being alerted to potential minor damage. I pay careful daily attention to my vehicle and so will always notice anything significant incurred within 24 hours. I can then review the recorded footage archive for evidence at my discretion.

Unilaterally taking this decision out of my hands, and bombarding me with unwanted audible alerts every time I enter my own vehicle, completely ruins my end user experience and undermines the purpose of the device which should be silent until called upon.

If Thinkware do not intend to correct this badly implemented feature then I will have no choice but to remove the unit's internal speaker permanently. I will of course post photographs and a guide so that countless other dissatisfied users may do the same.

Personally getting in my car and hearing " there have been XX events" would be tough on my old ticker, and then if nothing was to see on the car i would probably quick loose the few hairs i have that are already not yet grey.
So i would prefer a parking mode so not sensitive that it would only register so big shunts i would have no problem spotting them myself, but of course as i have said i care little for the small door dings,,,,, at lest on this car, if i won lotto money and was able to buy a "dream" car this would probably be different.

PS: cant you just turn the volume down to 0 ???

Any right minded person would feel the same.

You can reduce the volume of all notifications to zero, but this does not effect the volume of the parking incident notifications.

Can you see how badly designed the F770 is?

It's a tough one from Thinkwares perspective, you give an 'end user' too many options and the next thing something will happen to the car when parked and it won't notify them because they didn't understand what that option did and that will be all over the forums saying how rubbish the camera is.

It's OK if the user is experienced like most of us on here but so many aren't, i still get calls because people have 'unticked' the box to Allow Incidents or Motion Recordings to overwrite and then moan it's saying 'insufficient storage for blah blah'

Apologies it's not to your liking Pipps but i'm 99.9% sure there won't be any change to that on a unit that's a good few years old now. (Although it's still one of the best sellers).

Your defence of Thinkware's mistakes are unfounded and illogical.

There are at least half a dozen further similar design oversights with this device which all point clearly to the same obvious conclusion that the unit is poorly designed and badly implemented by amateurs who did no consumer research or product testing.

This unit is quite frankly a joke and now I have to dissemble it to rectify it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J F770 2