Disappointed 612gw

Kcarps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Upgraded my 512gw to a 612gw but it's not an improvemet, I cannot download video over wifi to my iPhone 8, I have the latest firmware on iPhone & camera, this was one of the reasons for upgrading, also the video on the hi setting is terrible its jerky and grainy on my pc.
When trying to connect to iPhone over wifi it tells me I have no video to download ? Also
It was advertised to have a rear camera connection, well it has but there is no rear camera on sale it has been in development for a long time. I am now looking at changing to another make that is more reliable and does what it says it does.
Disappointed owner

The 612 doesn't have a rear cam option. Where was it advertised as such? I'd like to see the advert.

Have you considered that it's the Iphone that has the issue, not the dashcam? No phone on the planet will be able to download 4K files adequately. As for on your PC, try using VLS or PotPlayer to watch the videos.

Don't play the files back directly from the card - make sure you transfer them to the hardrive on your PC. And do you have a 4K monitor?

Last edited:
Agreed

With these latest hi-res files you need to offload them to a PC and play them from the HDD.

Of all the various players out there I still find the Firefox browser to do the best job.

Right click the file, open with, Firefox.

The 612 doesn't have a rear cam option. Where was it advertised as such? I'd like to see the advert.

Have you considered that it's the Iphone that has the issue, not the dashcam? No phone on the planet will be able to download 4K files adequately. As for on your PC, try using VLS or PotPlayer to watch the videos.

Don't play the files back directly from the card - make sure you transfer them to the hardrive on your PC. And do you have a 4K monitor?
Sorry my mistake I was thinking about my other camera the 512gw, still awaiting news on the rear camera for that one, still having problems connecting to iPhone though

Sorry my mistake I was thinking about my other camera the 512gw, still awaiting news on the rear camera for that one, still having problems connecting to iPhone though
my 512gw conects to my iphone 8 & downloads video but on the 612gw it just says no file on memory card although when installed on a pc they show ?

Hi @Kcarps

Sorry to read you're not happy with it - the Wi-Fi transfer will be slower than other models as its transferring enormous amounts of data for the full Hi res 4K recordings.

It should definitely be showing files though, what version of firmware is it running?

I have sent the details off to your support it is the latest software & iPhone firmware,
The answer I got back was there is an issue with this & it has been forwarded to your tech dept.

Back