Disappointed in the A119, compared to G1W-C

caliblood

Reaction score
Country
United States
BETTER PICTURES IN POST #6

I got my A119 today from @CaptureYourAction and I got a chance to try it out. At no point in any of my A119 videos can I clearly read road signs or license plates on the side of the road using 1080p 60fps even when paused. It's just a blur.

With my G1W-C, I get clear license plates and signs when the video is paused using 1080p 30fps .

1st picture is g1w. Can make out the license plate. Traveling at 25 MPH (OLD VIDEO)
333lsg4.png

2nd picture is a119. License plate is a blur the whole video. Traveling at 25 MPH
2cza99s.png

3rd picture is a 25 MPH sign with a119 traveling at 30 MPH. It is a blur. With the G1W, I can read signs traveling at 70+ MPH
24dkp52.png

I feel cheated that my 2 year old camera is giving me better results than a camera that is supposed to be new and with better specs. I think i'd rather have another G1W but I dont like that the date keeps on resetting.

Last edited:
Be sure to clean your windshield, inside and out. Was it raining in the night shot? Also, have you tried 1440p setting?

I got my A119 today from @CaptureYourAction and I got a chance to try it out. At no point in any of my A119 videos can I clearly read road signs or license plates on the side of the road using 1080p 60fps even when paused. It's just a blur.

With my G1W-C, I get clear license plates and signs when the video is paused using 1080p 30fps .

1st picture is g1w. Can make out the license plate. Traveling at 25 MPH (OLD VIDEO)
333lsg4.png

2nd picture is a119. License plate is a blur the whole video. Traveling at 25 MPH
2cza99s.png

3rd picture is a 25 MPH sign with a119 traveling at 30 MPH. It is a blur. With the G1W, I can read signs traveling at 70+ MPH
24dkp52.png

I feel cheated that my 2 year old camera is giving me better results than a camera that is supposed to be new and with better specs. I think i'd rather have another G1W but I dont like that the date keeps on resetting.
Be sure to clean your windshield, inside and out. Was it raining in the night shot? Also, have you tried 1440p setting?

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 15 MPH. I used trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Blurry license plate.
um5GiML.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 15 MPH. I used trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Clearer license plate
OhIimqS.jpg

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 5 MPH. I used the walking lady's legs to match the screenshots. Can't read green sign next to lady
5550HQU.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 5 MPH. I used the walking lady's legs to match the screenshots. Can read "Roofing" on the green sign next to lady.
EjRFbCg.jpg

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 10 MPH. I used my wiper blade, the telephone pole and van in the background to match the screenshots. Can read license plate :)
4AFOCJ0.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 10 MPH. I used my wiper blade, the telephone pole and van in the background to match the screenshots. Can read license plate :)
sEjjRcf.jpg

A119 1440p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates
avhQb40.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates
mxryBx7.jpg

A119 1440p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can sort of read the plates... Looks like 3576 but it is really 3526 as seen in the next picture.
8DDY6wi.jpg

A119 1080p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates.
jsvtJEy.jpg

Last edited:
U might want to change your micro card, I use TRANSCEND 32GB micro UHS-I U3. My video is crystal clear at any speed. I also changed out the car charger that came with the A119 and used a iXCC 4.8Amp 24W Dual USB Car Charger I ordered on jet.com. With the change out there is no more flickering or background noise.

side by side like this is better as you get some context, you can see the focal length on the G1W is shorter, have you noticed how everything looks bigger at the same distance, the 1440p is closer to the resolution of the sensor so will generally look better also

U might want to change your micro card, I use TRANSCEND 32GB micro UHS-I U3. My video is crystal clear at any speed. I also changed out the car charger that came with the A119 and used a iXCC 4.8Amp 24W Dual USB Car Charger I ordered on jet.com. With the change out there is no more flickering or background noise.

My A119 is using a Transcend Premium 400x 64GB XC I, Class 10, UHS Class 1
My G1W-C is using a Transcend 32GB HC, Class 4

side by side like this is better as you get some context, you can see the focal length on the G1W is shorter, have you noticed how everything looks bigger at the same distance, the 1440p is closer to the resolution of the sensor so will generally look better also
Yes these side-by-side makes me aware that the focal length makes a huge difference in being able to read the plates and signs. I am still able to read the G1W 1080-30 better than the A119 1440-30.

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 15 MPH. I used trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Blurry license plate.
um5GiML.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 15 MPH. I used trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Clearer license plate
OhIimqS.jpg

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 5 MPH. I used the walking lady's legs to match the screenshots. Can't read green sign next to lady
5550HQU.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 5 MPH. I used the walking lady's legs to match the screenshots. Can read "Roofing" on the green sign next to lady.
EjRFbCg.jpg

A119 1080p-60. Traveling at 10 MPH. I used my wiper blade, the telephone pole and van in the background to match the screenshots. Can read license plate :)
4AFOCJ0.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling at 10 MPH. I used my wiper blade, the telephone pole and van in the background to match the screenshots. Can read license plate :)
sEjjRcf.jpg

A119 1440p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates
avhQb40.jpg

G1W-C 1080p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates
mxryBx7.jpg

A119 1440p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can sort of read the plates... Looks like 3576 but it is really 3526 as seen in the next picture.
8DDY6wi.jpg

A119 1080p-30. Traveling 20 MPH. I used to trees against the houses to match the screenshots. Can read the plates.
jsvtJEy.jpg
Nice job with the comparisons.

changing the memory cards isn't going to alter the results here, I'm sure you're aware of that already though

Class 3 or higher is ultra high video, should use Class 3 or better for the A119 try the Class 4 in your A119.

I am still able to read license plates on the G1W 1080-30 better than the A119 1440-30.

And some of these questions about driving at a certain speed and can i read the license plate.. WHY? Are you using this to do drive by surveillance work? I figure that the dashcam gives you more proof about what is happeneing around you. So in the case of someone else did something that may have caused your accident, isn't it enought to proove that it wasn't your fault, and not the requirement of you to proove who's fault it was?

And for what i can gather, that vast majority of the time, as your camera is in the front, you are taking a shot of what is happening right infront of you. and not to the side. accidents generally don't happen at 30mph and keep going.

Back