Disappointed the DR900S-2CH not listed.

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
You only get what you pay for, and brother I paid for the BlackVue DR900-2CH, I'm even happy with it for the most part. What I am disappointed in, is that it does not seem to have made any of the,"ONE OF THE BEST DASHCAMS" lists. It *almost* makes me think I overspent and could have purchased an even better unit a few months back. Even though I'm locked into the one I have now, I'm wondering WHY it's not in any of the lists.

Which reputable list are you referring to?

You only get what you pay for, and brother I paid for the BlackVue DR900-2CH, I'm even happy with it for the most part. What I am disappointed in, is that it does not seem to have made any of the,"ONE OF THE BEST DASHCAMS" lists. It *almost* makes me think I overspent and could have purchased an even better unit a few months back. Even though I'm locked into the one I have now, I'm wondering WHY it's not in any of the lists.
I would hope that the people who compile the lists, either compare the cameras directly, or read other people's views on which are the best cameras. That isn't always the case, but if that particular camera doesn't make it onto any of the lists then that surely tells you that it is not one of the best dashcams!

It does have some good features, so maybe for you it was the very best, especially if you required 4K and cloud connectivity. Most people are not interested in cloud connectivity so that particular feature isn't going to push it far up the lists on its own, it would also need very good image quality, which given that it has a very low bitrate for a 4K camera, it is incapable of achieving. There have also been a lot of negative comments on its reliability with regards to heat, and although some people find no issue, a good list will have taken its record into account, nobody wants to recommend cameras that are unreliable.

Well, if you wait a minute or so, there will be a better model on the market.

If you are happy with the product, then opinions of others don't really matter, do they!

I am happy with mine. I just need to relocate my switch box to a better location. I spend some time cleaning up the wires yesterday since I was adding my radar detector to the power tap site. I plan on relocating the switch box for the battery minder, but have to extend it's wires, since it is currently located on the passenger side.

I have not purchased a second camera yet, but I think my wife may want one in her car.

This morning I was following a rather poor driver down my hill and plan on posting the video on development facebook page. LOL.

Mike

If you are happy with the product, then opinions of others don't really matter, do they!
Of course that is correct, although most people do like to get value for money, and that is a bit questionable with the DR900, like the OP said:
You only get what you pay for, and brother I paid for the BlackVue DR900-2CH...
Maybe that is the real reason it is not in any of the "Best Dashcams" lists, because they are not really about the "Best", they are about "Best value for money".

Maybe that is the real reason it is not in any of the "Best Dashcams" lists, because they are not really about the "Best", they are about "Best value for money".

Could be! I just ran across this video on the Internet and the the guy lists it as one of his top three.

Honestly, I'm happy as heck with mine.

Blackvue, along with most other Korean cams, are more about their features than video quality. The DR900S isn't as good as their previous 'flagship model' DR750S at night and neither is it appreciably better than some cheaper cams daytime. So perhaps the list-makers see dashcams as I do, being most importantly video recorders, and rank it accordingly. But as Nigel already said, the fact that it's on nobody's list is noteworthy in itself as there are lots of folks who like Blackvue cams.

It can be reliable and does have decent vids so if you like it that's enough. Just don't expect it to top any category except wifi connectivity convenience and cost.

Phil

Back