Disappointed with 622gw

Maderic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody else suffering from exposure problems.? I find because of the design of the usb connection into the top of the dash cam I cannot get the camera tilted down. At the moment I feel there’s too much sky and the dash cam is unable to cope with the difference between ground and sky. Only way I can think of is to have the dash cam positioned much lower on the screen but this isn’t great either

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

Sound strange you cant angle the camera better, have you gone creative installing it ? I will agree with you having it as high as possible is best, i did once myself almost install a wedge shaped camera too high, as it slid off its mount by sliding it up, but i lucked out and i was just able to do it with a mm or 2 clearance.
Normally you want a 50 / 50 split at the horizon.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Nextbase 412. I had to file the mount plastic to allow further tilting.

Modern windscreens are heavily raked and some almost approaching horizontal near the top.

bjcOIfd.jpg
MlZPK9Y.jpg

Last edited:
In that 422 though the power socket connection is to the side. This is the problem on the 622 as the l shaped usb connection prevents tilting. If the power connection was to the side I wouldn’t have a problem. Hope I’m making sense

That's a 412. I saw the advertising material for the 2 series and realised it wasn't for me. I could see the snags.

Still on a stalk (movement/vibration and not discrete)
Too many features packed in IMO

I'll be interested to see the design of a series 3 and what NB have learned from support calls.

Anybody else suffering from exposure problems.? I find because of the design of the usb connection into the top of the dash cam I cannot get the camera tilted down. At the moment I feel there’s too much sky and the dash cam is unable to cope with the difference between ground and sky. Only way I can think of is to have the dash cam positioned much lower on the screen but this isn’t great either

Any ideas?
Hello,

You're using the wrong port on the camera. When in the vehicle, the power cable is designed to be plugged directly into the GPS mount, and not into the camera itself. The camera then attaches to the GPS mount for power and telemetry data.
The port on the top of the camera is only for use inside the home, such as charging or for connecting to a computer.

Please see page 15- point 4 of the manual for diagrams of how to set up the cabling for the camera:
https://cdn.nextbase.co.uk/manuals/...5BF8E/NBDVR622GW User Manual (English R7).pdf

Once the cable is plugged into the correct port, you'll be able to angle the camera correctly.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back