Disappointed with Pittasoft

Messageinabottle

Reaction score
Three weeks ago I was stopped by the Police for allegedly doing 73 kph in a 60 zone. I thought that this was incorrect and when I download the video clip the highest speed shown was 67 kph. Now I have to admit that it appears that I was speeding but I am disputing the speed quoted by the Police. 2 days later I contacted the NZ agent who in turn said that he would contact Pittasoft to confirm/deny how accurate the speed info from their camera is. I have heard nothing so alas it looks I will just have to pay the fine for the alleged speed as it appears Pittasoft don't wish to say anything about how accurate their camera is ? I now wonder how accurate the rest of the info ( Time and G.P.S. coordinates ) from a Blackvue DR500 GW-HD is.

Have any of you used the speed info to fight a speeding fine and how did you get on ?

it wouldn't stand up in court as it's not a calibrated speed measuring device, if another car was shown on video traveling with you and going faster you might be able to point out that they were the ones traveling at the recorded speed, rarely happens that you'd get knocked off if someone else was going faster though

How about getting an expert to test your camera? That is probably better than a statement from the manufacturer as it applies to your specific camera.

Still can't be counted as proof but you don't really need proof, just reasonable doubt, it is the other side that need proof.

How about getting an expert to test your camera? That is probably better than a statement from the manufacturer as it applies to your specific camera.

Still can't be counted as proof but you don't really need proof, just reasonable doubt, it is the other side that need proof.

wouldn't work in Australia at least

Is the fine higher for the speed they allege you were doing If not you are pushing the proverbial uphill with a rake.

Lets face it you were speeding either way so face up to it.

Incidentally I tried the car beside me trick but the police said they can differentiate between vehicles so I just paid up and shut up. Was $143 and only 6k over.

My fault entirely.

The GPS in the cameras are fairly accurate as it, my Tomtom and my car navigator all read the same

I'm from Belgium and over here it's the same thing jokiin already said: it's not a calibrated speed measuring device. Police vehicles that aren't calibrated can't give speeding tickets either...

Back