Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

If you wanted to be fair the thread title should be something like "I am very disappointed because Viofo abandoned me".
Because you are not representing a country/city/community, you are speaking from your experience.
Also I am disappointed about my Samsung phone, about my Sony TV, about my Porsche car because even they are working okay, there are some small problems which I don't like and I don't know if they will fix them. But I cannot say that these companies abandoned their customers even many of them are waiting for the fixes I want too.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you wanted to be fair the thread title should be something like "I am very disappointed because Viofo abandoned me".
Because you are not representing a country/city/community, you are speaking from your experience.
Also I am disappointed about my Samsung phone, about my Sony TV, about my Porsche car because even they are working okay, there are some small problems which I don't like and I don't know if they will fix them. But I cannot say that these companies abandoned their customers even many of them are waiting for the fixes I want too.

enjoy,
Mtz

Your analogy makes ZERO sense and has nothing to do with what's taking place here. If you buy something and don't like it, that's a personal opinion. Now if you bought a Porsche, and the car stalled out at 130 KM/H, you'd be mad. Especially if Porsche told you do 129 KM/H or less and the car will be fine.

My opinion is shared by many others who are upset the problems are left unresolved MONTHS later. And that Viofo came here and directly told is this isn't their top priority. I consider that pretty much saying you are on the back burner. We may get fixed. We may not get fixed. Viofo has an obligation to let their SDK developer know there's a problem that needs addressed.

You are wasting your time here with haters.

enjoy,
Mtz

You are wasting your time here with haters.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for sharing the clip.

As I talked before, this is not an urgent issue we need to fix at this moment.

Doesn't instill confidence.....

We are one of the manufacturers that want to update to the latest SDK. We also plan to upgrade SDK for A129 PRO in the near future.
But the new SDK may delivery some unknown bugs like this we talked about.

Ok...they want updated...but again has the issue been passed on to the SDK developer? No answer given.

I would not expect Viofo, or any other camera manufacturer, to share on a public forum a blow-by-blow account of their working relationship with Novatek.

I'm not sure how an affirmation confirming "Viofo has passed this concern on to the developer of our SDK" would tarnish any working relationship....

I thought their response about it not being an urgent issue was for the duplicate frame every 90 frames on the rear camera.

I feel that's not an important issue. I'm not trying to make iMax movies with my rear dashcam

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I thought their response about it not being an urgent issue was for the duplicate frame every 90 frames on the rear camera.

I feel that's not an important issue. I'm not trying to make iMax movies with my rear dashcam

@gabilondo77 said it's also dropping frames on the front, too. So it's not just a dupe frame issue on the rear.

I'm kind out of the loop for awhile, but didn't they add buffered parking mode to the A129 Duo in July? And now some people are claiming Viofo has abandoned it? I bought this at launch with no expectation there would ever be a buffered parking mode. I certainly don't feel abandoned.

From what I can see the issue is a duplicate frame every 90 frames? On a $160 dashcam? When dashcams that cost 3 times as much aren't perfect either?

Get a grip and have patience.

Last edited:
@gabilondo77 said it's also dropping frames on the front, too. So it's not just a dupe frame issue on the rear.
He just recently noticed randomly dropped frames from the front. When Viofo made the comment you quoted, this wasn't a known/reported problem, only the duplicate frame every 90 frames.

He just recently noticed randomly dropped frames from the front. When Viofo made the comment you quoted, this wasn't a known/reported problem, only the duplicate frame every 90 frames.

Was reported in the other thread back in July. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...mware-bug-discovered.39612/page-5#post-478233

Look on the front camera video between 1m:30s-1m:44s on my post #11.This kind of frame drop is not acceptable on a very important moment in the footage..Yes,the rear one only duplicates and will not affect the proof when needed,but the front one drops frames randomly..

I noticed the front camera is jumping frames from the beginning,actually is written in my first post of my thread,but was random and didn't considered that a big problem,sometimes it does it really hard and sometimes just a couple of frames,and is random not on all footages like the rear one.I will stick with v1.11 till the fix will come,is fine for me for the moment,is not my intention to make flames here,and I hope next week I will have the A129 Pro Duo in my hands,can't wait to test it..(y)

Last edited:
I noticed the front camera is jumping frames from the beginning,actually is written in my first post of my thread,but was random and didn't considered that a big problem,sometimes it does it really hard and sometimes just a couple of frames,and is random not on all footages like the rear one.I will stick with v1.11 till the fix will come,is fine for me for the moment,is not my intention to make flames here and I hope next week I will have the A129 Pro Duo in my hands,can't wait to test it..(y)

Te gusta Firmware 1.11? Tienes algunas problemas o todos esta bien? Si todos bien, yo pongando 1.11 a mi camara.

Escribo en espanol, porque yo se sin confusion que todos trabajan antes hago cambiar.

De momento la lleve muy poco para decir claramente que esta bien.No se como se comporta el modo aparcamiento porque no lo utilizo.Por lo poco que llevo este firmware el video es perfecto,sin ningun problema.
Un saludo,:)

Has the random front frame dropping been seen/tested occurring on more than one camera?

I am also curious to see if anyone else had the problem on the front camera. This happens only in dual mode, in simple mode 60fps all perfect.

De momento la lleve muy poco para decir claramente que esta bien.No se como se comporta el modo aparcamiento porque no lo utilizo.Por lo poco que llevo este firmware el video es perfecto,sin ningun problema.
Un saludo,:)

Gracias para la repuesta. Hagando Cambiar a V 1.11 y reporto si tengo cualquieras problemas. Especialmente, porque uso el modo aparcamiento.

Has the random front frame dropping been seen/tested occurring on more than one camera?

According to @gabilondo77, Beta Firmware version 1.11 doesn't suffer the same problems so far, but he's still beta testing. He doesn't use parking mode (said in Spanish), so he isn't sure how well the 1.11 works with parking. I am going to try and install this later today and see how things behave.

But before I do this, can anyone provide me with STOCK firmware version 1.5 so that I can flash back if need be?

According to @gabilondo77, Beta Firmware version 1.11 doesn't suffer the same problems so far, but he's still beta testing. He doesn't use parking mode (said in Spanish), so he isn't sure how well the 1.11 works with parking. I am going to try and install this later today and see how things behave.

But before I do this, can anyone provide me with STOCK firmware version 1.5 so that I can flash back if need be?
Does your front cam drop frames?

Back