Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

Are any of the other Viofo cams any better for Bufferd Parking Mode? More control on what it's recording! Today in 5 hours of parking 216 files!! It's ok being told better having more than not enough! But who wants to spend their time looking for something in that lot ! I think I'm reaching the time that I'm flogging a dead horse with this camera!!!

I am finding my mini0906 is way too sensitive on motion detection, it's almost recording constantly. The A129 still recorded a lot but was a lot better set on "Low". I don't know about other cameras though as I don't have any others with motion detection

Do you guys really think VIOFO abandonned the non-pro A129? Which features are still lacking and waiting for development?

Do you guys really think VIOFO abandonned the non-pro A129? Which features are still lacking and waiting for development?

Some will say yes, others will say they are content with the product as it is in its current form.

I just bought the A129 Duo and installed it a couple weeks ago.

I installed the Beta firmware and so far no hiccups. Image quality is great. No error beeps. Using a 256gb Samsung Evo Select.

Haven't tested out the parking mode yet as it wasn't a huge priority for us - but it's only the list once I get some free time.

The betafirm
Some will say yes, others will say they are content with the product as it is in its current form.

I installed the Beta firmware and so far no hiccups. Image quality is great. No error beeps. Using a 256gb Samsung Evo Select.

Haven't tested out the parking mode yet as it wasn't a huge priority for us - but it's only the list once I get some free time.

The Beta Firmware (presume you mean 1.0) doesn't suffer from the duped / dropped frame issue, but lacks parking mode.

I've had my Duo since April one of the reasons I bought it was Advanced Parking Mode of which I'm disappointed with!

The two things I would like to have would be more control over, are motion detection/G-Sensor.The Bufferd Parking Mode works well but is far to sensitive it records everything (more control) and the G-Sensor doesn't work in parking mode!

I think it would be good if the Duo could have G-Sensor on with out motion detection in parking mode !

I don't use parking mode now, trawling through hrs of files to find if anything happened is not for me

I've been told by Viofo over the last few months to try this and that and they are working on things!

Reading on this forum guys have been trying new beta firmware updates and there's maybe little light at the end of the tunnel! On the Viofo forum I'm sure I read that they are waiting for a SDK update what ever that means and how we would apply that to the Duo!

But overall if they can improve the motion detection and G-sensor issues in parking mode! I would be happy because the rest of the camera I like very much! That's why I've still got it in my

Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy Viofo new year

the New A129 Pro are worst I used it for 1 day and Returned it To Amazon lots of hissing noise come from the camera annoying me!

the New A129 Pro are worst I used it for 1 day and Returned it To Amazon lots of hissing noise come from the camera annoying me!

Could be the hardwiring kit? Supposedly the old hardwire kit causes noise and you need to use the updated one. Also, could be a bad camera. As no one else complained of said issue.

I've had my Duo since April one of the reasons I bought it was Advanced Parking Mode of which I'm disappointed with!

The two things I would like to have would be more control over, are motion detection/G-Sensor.The Bufferd Parking Mode works well but is far to sensitive it records everything (more control) and the G-Sensor doesn't work in parking mode!

I think it would be good if the Duo could have G-Sensor on with out motion detection in parking mode !

I don't use parking mode now, trawling through hrs of files to find if anything happened is not for me

I've been told by Viofo over the last few months to try this and that and they are working on things!

Reading on this forum guys have been trying new beta firmware updates and there's maybe little light at the end of the tunnel! On the Viofo forum I'm sure I read that they are waiting for a SDK update what ever that means and how we would apply that to the Duo!

But overall if they can improve the motion detection and G-sensor issues in parking mode! I would be happy because the rest of the camera I like very much! That's why I've still got it in my

Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy Viofo new year

SDK = Software Development Kit. The Duped / Dropped frame bug got introduced very early on, because the first firmware was problem free, but all others suffered the issue. Unfortunately, the very first firmware doesn't support parking mode, so it isn't an option for most.

Could be the hardwiring kit? Supposedly the old hardwire kit causes noise and you need to use the updated one. Also, could be a bad camera. As no one else complained of said issue.
it, not a hardwiring kit it was a new kit.and lots of people complain about the noise.

it, not a hardwiring kit it was a new kit.and lots of people complain about the noise.

Can't recall many (if any) complaining about it (the noise) here.

We have to accept that there is always going to be the odd camera issue, but I would expect the percentage of problems would be exceedingly low.

Maybe you have been one of the unlucky ones.

Can't recall many (if any) complaining about it (the noise) here.

We have to accept that there is always going to be the odd camera issue, but I would expect the percentage of problems would be exceedingly low.

Maybe you have been one of the unlucky ones.
it clearly you can hear it on the video. I know some people here work for Viofo don't like to see any bad feedback.

it clearly you can hear it on the video. I know some people here work for Viofo don't like to see any bad feedback.

There is only 1 person on here that works for Viofo.

It's not about bad feedback either, but feedback on which help can be offered or considered.

There is only 1 person on here that works for Viofo.

It's not about bad feedback either, but feedback on which help can be offered or considered.
so you did not work for them! but you spoke on behalf of them.

No I don't work for any dashcam manufacturer.

so you did not work for them! but you spoke on behalf of them.
This isn't the Viofo customer support page, but a public dashcam forum where users can give their opinions and knowledge based on experiences and what they've read from other user's experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hear a high pitch noise. Again, people have complained that the old hardwiring kit could be the culprit. Maybe you got one in a mixup. Or the camera is bad.

Why not Return Both? This is an Open Forum to share and elicit feedback from one another. And there clearly isn't a large number of complaints like other issues that have arisen. If you return both and the new one has a problem, then the matter may need further investigation.

This isn't the Viofo customer support page, but a public dashcam forum where users can give their opinions and knowledge based on experiences and what they've read from other user's experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
your another tester freebie from Viofo great team here!

Astonishing.

Back