Disappointing experience 522GW

WaenHir13

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having read such great reviews of the 522GW in particular Which? I bought a 522Gw bundle which included Front facing and rear window cameras for a great price. Well bef I even installed I experienced problems with the My Nextbase App. Basically no connection between the camera and my Google pixel 6 ( new) phone. I therefore trawled around online and cam across all the problems many many people have experienced. This has taught me to go and look at forums of items I will buy in the future as well as any reviews. Having followed many different instructions including all the advice from Nextbase sources I contacted Nextbase technical, even they could not resolve the issues so I am afraid I have returned my dash cam bundle and had a refund. Hey ho, will I still pursue with getting a dash cam, probably in due course, there appears to be a good deal on Kenwood. Anyone have experience of these? Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forum.

Dont know where you have read those reviews, at least on sites that also sell the product, like Amazon and Ebay i would be very careful with the reviews.

Perhaps you should be asking that question on a Kenwood forum (if they have one).
But with most items we buy today there will be good and bad, satisfied and unsatisfied owners. It’s just unfortunate that Nextbase have not been able to satisfy your needs. Hope the Kenwood is more successful.

I also receive the UK Which? magazine and I've contacted them twice about their very restricted models list they review.

I've read the reviews very carefully and from my understanding they must go out to their car park, plug them into the car power socket and look at the footage in the office.

The magazine screenshots are all from the same car park, I've never seen any on the road shots.

The 'competition' compared are not mainstream models and I'm not surprised Nextbase come out top year on year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W 522GW 22
Back