Disassembly ( Inside ) Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30

Can the lens be adjusted at all?

lens is glued in place once the focus is set but if it's incorrect yes it is possible to refocus them, a bit of mucking around but doable

lens is glued in place once the focus is set but if it's incorrect yes it is possible to refocus them, a bit of mucking around but doable

I managed to get it open without damaging anything. I've removed some glue from the thread but I'm not sure how it unscrews...

once you've picked away enough of the glue just gently twist in either direction until you can break the bit of glue in the top of the thread

once you've picked away enough of the glue just gently twist in either direction until you can break the bit of glue in the top of the thread

Sigh. It looks like they added some glue and then threaded the base and cap on so that it can't be easily picked at.

Really if you have a focus issue you should be talking to whoever you bought it from rather than having to fix it yourself

Really if you have a focus issue you should be talking to whoever you bought it from rather than having to fix it yourself

I bought two for about 900 RMB from JD while visiting China. I guess the RRP in Australia is about twice the price...

I've put it back together. I'll just use it as it is...

quality control measures on domestic market stock is not the same as export, hit and miss unfortunately

Thats how looks inside unbranded Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30

View attachment 5464

Niko, thanks for these photos! One question... I notice that the five buttons each have four solder points. I'm guessing two of those are electrical contacts and two are solely for securing to the board. Am I right? I plan to solder in a couple of wires to the center button on mine (mounted in the rear window) to run a remote switch up to the driver area so I can save clips from the rear view while driving. Any idea where I should plan on tapping these two wires into?

Niko, thanks for these photos! One question... I notice that the five buttons each have four solder points. I'm guessing two of those are electrical contacts and two are solely for securing to the board. Am I right? I plan to solder in a couple of wires to the center button on mine (mounted in the rear window) to run a remote switch up to the driver area so I can save clips from the rear view while driving. Any idea where I should plan on tapping these two wires into?

Electronics components on PCB can be some time quite sensitive, any "tapping-in" involves some risk, but you may just do a simple test'n'try with short wired external switches soldered to a corresponded buttons on the PCB that you trying to "extend" and see how it will work. Many DIY things get done only via test'n'try.

Attachments

• IMG_20141229_165215.jpg
    IMG_20141229_165215.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20141229_164812.jpg
    IMG_20141229_164812.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17
joovuu...

I couldn't work out why everyone looked so miserable and frowning in your direction....

then I saw this !

http://screencast.com/t/rl1vRmdOvdN9
Yep,I absolutely understand,but I really could not test each camera in car.Video vibration is a problem.
Someone in the forum recommend to use Meg.nz to upload RAW VIDEOS,
so you could playback video and see the video quality.

Yep,I absolutely understand,but I really could not test each camera in car.Video vibration is a problem.
Someone in the forum recommend to use Meg.nz to upload RAW VIDEOS,
so you could playback video and see the video quality.
Small typo @ mega.co.nz [emoji6]

It seemed Youtube could not download,right?Unfortunately,I hace deleted many footages from PC already,those video files take up too much space that I have deleted a lot,so I would prepare more video files for those midels that are already hot sales in the shop.
mega.co.nz is an absolute good choice !!!If people can preview and also download,that would be perfect

I have took note for this website,I will upload the videos there.Thanks for sharing.

Have a good day!

Hello guys,

I'm new here,very glad to have found this forum,helpful,kudos for your contributions.
I wasn't sure what to buy or if i should buy a dashcam because in Romania even if you have a video proof at the court,the judge might not take in considerantion you video file as the law specifies that any video proof must be recorded with special equipment like the police cameras,not even a street/supermarket dome camera footage is accepted,crazy right?
Anyway,i've decided to buy this A118-C version as in the summer i've experiemented over 65C degrees inside the car and to be safe i went up the capacitor way.
The only thing that i don't like on this camera is the glare and the lens itself,has anybody tried to replace the stock lens with a maybe 150degrees with corrected perspective? There are a few go pro lens that might work maybe if i could change the lens i can add a CPL filter.
Does someone has a broken one and wants to experiment and remove the lens so we can see if it is possibile to change it? I would have done this experiment on mine but it hasn't arrive yet.

technically you could change the lens, there's no distortion correction or similar that restrict you from running other lenses, the firmware is configured for that lens though, if you have a lens with different IR filter properties and different f/stop value you may find that the quality will change (could be better or worse but will be a gamble either way) if the firmware is not tailored to the properties of the replacement lens

I will try to fit a gopro 3 lens,i hope the firmware will cope with it.I'll post images soon
L.E-has someone measured the original lens lenght and diameter?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chris-s A118 (B40) 13
chris-s A118 (B40) 9
Back