Disassembly ( Inside ) Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30

Wow Niko. You are amazing. I open the darn thing up I will not be able to close it again lol

Wow Niko. You are amazing. I open the darn thing up I will not be able to close it again lol

Thanks, but I would not call it "amazing", - it's disease I have since I was born to look inside everything and this disease is not cured ;)
Some time I learn hard way by screwing up / blowing up things because of my curiosity :)

Hey take the compliment or I will give all to Chris lol

Thanks, but I would not call it "amazing", - it's disease I have since I was born to look inside everything and this disease is not cured ;)
Some time I learn hard way by screwing up / blowing up things because of my curiosity :)

This reminds me of a friend from many years ago. His name was Peter and we called him Peter Pull-Apart. He was very clever and could fix many things mechanical or electronic but he could also be sort of dangerous and you had to keep your eye on him. He ruined a couple of things of mine because he decided to take them apart and fix them without asking me first if I wanted him to fix them. One time he took apart a motorcycle (not mine, thank god) that needed a modest repair and it ended up in pieces in boxes in his garage where it probably still sits today. He fixed a lot of things too and designed and built many things and went on to become an electronics and electrical engineer!

This reminds me of a friend from many years ago. His name was Peter and we called him Peter Pull-Apart. He was very clever and could fix many things mechanical or electronic but he could also be sort of dangerous and you had to keep your eye on him. He ruined a couple of things of mine because he decided to take them apart and fix them without asking me first if I wanted him to fix them. One time he took apart a motorcycle (not mine, thank god) that needed a modest repair and it ended up in pieces in boxes in his garage where it probably still sits today. He fixed a lot of things too and designed and built many things and went on to become an electronics and electrical engineer!

so, ... you may call me- "Niko Pull-Apart", :) LOL

Thanks for doing things before i ask you to :D
What is the process to open the case ? Only 4 screws and it comes ?
Is there a risk to damage something during opening and removing battery ?

Thanks for doing things before i ask you to :D
What is the process to open the case ? Only 4 screws and it comes ?
Is there a risk to damage something during opening and removing battery ?

I didn't do it because of you :p. I opened it almost 2 month ago, after I brought it from Shenzhen ;).
Only 4 screws to open. If to do it gently, very little risk of damaging.

Last edited:
OK thanks !

I'm searching a way to get rid of this overheat problem at the rear of my car which is not air conditioned.
Thinking about removing the battery and put it outside of the unit.

OK thanks !

I'm searching a way to get rid of this overheat problem at the rear of my car which is not air conditioned.
Thinking about removing the battery and put it outside of the unit.

Tiesfong has other same model ( without screen ) with some heat dissipation holes on the front. I will post thread soon.
Battery is soldered to PCB.

How do you order from Taobao or Shenzhen ?
Can you read chinese ?

How do you order from Taobao or Shenzhen ?
Can you read chinese ?

Using Google Chrome web browser will auto translate any page. (for starters) I guess it's better to have Chinese friends & business connections there too when it's time to make something happen.

Using Google Chrome web browser will auto translate any page. (for starters) I guess it's better to have Chinese friends & business connections there too when it's time to make something happen.

most Taobao sellers are not setup to ship internationally so you'd normally need someone local to buy for you and forward on, the stuff on Taobao is quite often Chinese language only so there's a bit of a gamble involved in what you may get, domestic product isn't always to the standard you might hope for either, for what Niko is doing though where he likes to evaluate product early in the development cycle it's not such an issue

i taobao/tmal often, reload alipay with rmb, login n buy, send to warehouse, instruct forwarder what to do, then stuff otw to me

It is not recommend to buy from Taobao or Tmall if you are out of China. You may lose the tracking of goods or spent a lot of time. Almost there many guys copied the photos from taobao and pasted on ebay, once you order it, they will buy one from Taobao for you.

Niko is the special one, he has one work for him to buy.

Not good for western countries but work wonders for s.e.a

@niko : how did you remove the lens cable from the motherboard ?
I've tried to pull it, but seems to be firmly attached.

Forget it, I've just found the secret on this picture ;)
tiesfong-b40-5-jpg.5464

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chris-s A118 (B40) 13
chris-s A118 (B40) 9
Back