Discreet and Uncentralized System?

Nicolas Buthay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Intro: I'm new here, my car was hit and run and I am getting very interested in the Dash Cam solutions.

So far I haven't found anything that would fit my needs.
Do I have weird "needs" that no supplier targets? or is there a system out there that is perfect for me, but I haven't found it yet...?

What I want:
- Discreet Cameras. No LCD, no buttons, nothing fancy. Just two small cameras (front/rear) with wires to connect them, period. Something with the size of an AA Battery, as stealth as possible.
- Cameras with wide angle, 1080 resolution and good fps (obvious reasons)
- Storage / Control Unit hidden somewhere else (trunk / globe box / etc). Let the camera be as small as possible, the controls and storage unit should be somewhere else. If someone steals the camera, I'd love to have the storage unit (with the evidence) in a safer place (not in the windshield).
- Hardwired to the battery, with voltage cutter (I want parking mode).
- G-Sensor optional, GPS optional, Proximity sensor, noise sensor, whatever you want to add: Optional / easy to attach.
- Controlled with Phone App (why having a LCD screen when we can use our phones?).

The system that gets close to what I want is the K1S, but to be honest, the cameras are not THAT small, and the parking mode is far from perfect.

Is a DIY Project my only hope?

Intro: I'm new here, my car was hit and run and I am getting very interested in the Dash Cam solutions.

So far I haven't found anything that would fit my needs.
Do I have weird "needs" that no supplier targets? or is there a system out there that is perfect for me, but I haven't found it yet...?

What I want:
- Discreet Cameras. No LCD, no buttons, nothing fancy. Just two small cameras (front/rear) with wires to connect them, period. Something with the size of an AA Battery, as stealth as possible.
- Cameras with wide angle, 1080 resolution and good fps (obvious reasons)
- Storage / Control Unit hidden somewhere else (trunk / globe box / etc). Let the camera be as small as possible, the controls and storage unit should be somewhere else. If someone steals the camera, I'd love to have the storage unit (with the evidence) in a safer place (not in the windshield).
- Hardwired to the battery, with voltage cutter (I want parking mode).
- G-Sensor optional, GPS optional, Proximity sensor, noise sensor, whatever you want to add: Optional / easy to attach.
- Controlled with Phone App (why having a LCD screen when we can use our phones?).

The system that gets close to what I want is the K1S, but to be honest, the cameras are not THAT small, and the parking mode is far from perfect.

Is a DIY Project my only hope?

Welcome to forum !
What is your budget ?

Hi,

I was expecting to spend less than $300.
The K1S is 220, I can get the BlackVue DR650-GW 2CH for $320 ... both are close to what I want but not exactly.
The front unit on the BlackVue looks bulky to me. The K1S Parking mode is bad. Nothing seems to be perfect.

K1S is not suitable for parking mode at all, the Blackvue might be closest to what you want design wise, nothing really meets all your criteria

And thats not all thats bad with the K1S as i undestand it.

If discreete is up high on the list then there is no good dual cameras at the moment, and if its not then all the "good" cameras all have a issue or 2 you have to take into consideration.

We consider a discrete event system controlled by a decentralized supervisor consisting of n local supervisors, and formulate a new decentralized supervisory control problem, called a reliable decentralized supervisory control problem. A decentralized supervisor is said to be k-reliable (1⩽k⩽n) if it exactly achieves a specification language under possible failures of any ⩽n-k local supervisors. So, k denotes the minimal number of local supervisors required to achieve the specification. First, we present necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of a k-reliable decentralized supervisor. Next, we consider the case that a k-reliable decentralized supervisor for a given specification language does not exist. We take two approaches in this case. In the first approach, we present an algorithm for computing a sublanguage of the specification that satisfies the existence conditions of a k-reliable decentralized supervisor. In the second one, we use a coordinator to synthesize a k-reliable decentralized supervisor without altering the specification.

Wow, that's some deep stuff. Philosophical to say the least. Are you sure this was meant to be posted in a Dash Cam forum?

It's a SPAM !

It looks like those random text generators. Artificial intelligence is coming. Stash water, cookies and dashcams in your basements! HIDE!

Back