Discreet centrally mounted cam recommendations (like Junsun S100 or Junsun S350)

cool_kuba

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I am looking for reliable dash cam for my Subaru Outback MY15 with Eyesight system. I like mounting around or under rear view mirror holder in the middle of the windshield because it is discreet and it won't obstruct Eyesight. Unfortunately I only found 2 exotic branded cameras with desired mounting system:
Junsun S100: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/review-junsun-1080p-wifi-dashcam-novatek-96650-gearbest.19393/
Junsun S350 :And heaps of noname like:
I would be very grateful if you could recommend good quality dash cam in similar package.
My requirements are following:
- <$200
- Full HD or more
- Decent night video quality
- Capacitor
- Parking monitoring (buffered or lapse, with motion and impact trigger)
- WiFi or Bluetooth control (No screen)
- Rear camera would be a plus
- As described above discreetly installed around rear view mirror mount (This will look like auto high beam sensor available in newer Outbacks)

I still haven't found any well reviewed centrally mounted so I wanted to bump my topic up, I will be grateful for any suggestions!

Not a lot of cameras in that exact form-factor, and none I know of are up to today's technology level. Plenty of good cameras in other form-factors though- one of those might work for you. Every dashcam is a compromise of some sort, so to get a good reliable cam you have to be flexible in your choices. When nobody makes exactly what you want, there is no other way except making it for yourself which is beyond what most of us can do.

Phil

Thank you Phil for the tips. I did some reaserch and indeed I havent found something more modern in similar form dactor. The main reason I wanted to buy something of this kind is that I didn't want to have exposed cables. I don't like how micro USB cable is connected to side of B1W and Viofo cams Mini 0906 would be great if rear camera connector would be also in the rear of stand.
Could you please advise me if some small modern cammera with all connectors located in the back exists?

Right-angle cables and adapters are availlable which might help, but most cams do have the USB ports on the side. Mobius original and Maxi, and also the GitUp F-1, have the ports in the back but are a different form factor. Same for the Blackvue F770. I think one Akenori model was made similarly, but I might be wrong on that.

If form-factor is critical, you may end up trading off reliability or image quality, which IMHO are the most important aspects of a dashcam, but the choice is yours. Like I said, there's going to be a compromise somewhere no matter which one you choose.

Phil

Thanks Phil! Mobius and GitUp looks interesting but unfortunately don't have any parking mode. Probably I will need to settle with some visible cables in the end :)

I am still a bit stuck, Did anybody hear about something sensible which can be discreetly mounted (Without cables sticking from the side)

Back