Discrete with Parking mode

Serge

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Before I start, kudos to creator of DashCamTalk! Amazing all dash cam site!

I'm looking for 3 features in my first dash cam: 1) size (discrete) 2) parking mode and 3) video quality. So far I was intrigued by:
1) Mini 0806 - size and video are all good, but no parking mode, so it's a no go;
2) Powerucc Panorama II - love everything about this camera except its size, so it's a no go either

Can anybody recommend dash cam that fits my criteria? Thank you very much!

Mini 0806 - it might not have parking mode, but it does have parking guard ;)

Unless parking guard doesn't do what you want?

Mini 0806 - it might not have parking mode, but it does have parking guard ;)

Unless parking guard doesn't do what you want?
I'm newbie, so I'm not quite sure what's the difference between parking mode and parking guard...

I'm newbie, so I'm not quite sure what's the difference between parking mode and parking guard...
I'm not sure if there is an official difference but it seems that parking mode is triggered using motion detection from the video image while parking guard is triggered by the g-sensor detecting an impact. Parking guard can thus detect impacts that aren't in the field of view of the camera and record things that might not trigger the visual motion detection of parking mode.

I'm not sure if there is an official difference but it seems that parking mode is triggered using motion detection from the video image while parking guard is triggered by the g-sensor detecting an impact. Parking guard can thus detect impacts that aren't in the field of view of the camera and record things that might not trigger the visual motion detection of parking mode.
Thank you! So, yeah, parking mode that is :)

I really like Panorama X1 now, but concerned over lack of reviews. Will keep digging.

Thank you! So, yeah, parking mode that is :)

I really like Panorama X1 now, but concerned over lack of reviews. Will keep digging.
Another significant difference is that with parking mode, if you park your car on a busy street, the visual motion detection will trigger continuously as cars drive past and fill your memory card with useless recordings that overwrite anything useful. The impact detection of parking guard will only record if there is an impact, but will probably miss someone spraying graffiti over the wind shield!

Panorama X1 set on Motion detection rec. ( while car is parked ) it pre-buffers video 24/7. After motion detected, it's takes 4-5 sec before motion and adds another 45-50 sec after motion gone from FOV focus. If during parking G-sensor is triggered, this file is also saved as "emergency file".
The only 2 things you have to know:
1. need to buy a separate battery discharge prevention device.
2. X1 does not go automatically into parking mode, you need to select Motion detection manually from menu, but there is a way around. In order to make switching to parking mode more convenient, best if you drive always with motion detection ON.

Hi guys,

Before I start, kudos to creator of DashCamTalk! Amazing all dash cam site!

I'm looking for 3 features in my first dash cam: 1) size (discrete) 2) parking mode and 3) video quality. So far I was intrigued by:
1) Mini 0806 - size and video are all good, but no parking mode, so it's a no go;
2) Powerucc Panorama II - love everything about this camera except its size, so it's a no go either

Can anybody recommend dash cam that fits my criteria? Thank you very much![/
the panorama X1 is very small, it is discrete as it can be. hardware wise is almost identical with panorama S, which is the best all around cam out there. i have played with mine for two days and so far its awesome. read here in this forum and you will get a lot of helpful info. buying from pier28will be one of yours best experience.
the panorama X1 is very small, it is discrete as it can be. hardware wise is almost identical with panorama S, which is the best all around cam out there. i have played with mine for two days and so far its awesome. read here in this forum and you will get a lot of helpful info. buying from pier28will be one of yours best experience.

Last edited:
Panorama G I know you said form factor is to large, have you seen one? its not as big as it looks, I have one fitted to my VW Tiguan fits behind my Rear View mirror and you can hardly see it from inside, and not very noticeable from the outside. Brilliant dashcam rock solid with tried and tested firmware. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your search

The Street Guardian SGZC12RC is extra discrete. (aka Panorama X1 Remote Camera)

The Street Guardian SGZC12SG (aka Panorama G) can be installed fairly discreetly as well :
nBhFP47.jpg

They both do pre-buffer motion detection as Niko pointed out. I like to think of it as an automatic parking mode.

Last edited:
Back