Disillusioned customer Nextbase 622GW

Ptoornstra

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
So, here we go. Checked reviews on internet and apparently the 622GW is well regarded. Though pricey!

Received it during Christmas.
1. First thing to notice, no SD card delivered with it. Won't work without it....duh? Why not just deliver it, without it it is an overpriced dashcam. But ok...

2. Checked internet for best quality, and durable card in the market.

3. Samsung PRO Endurance is currently unbeatable in reliability, endurance and comes with 3 years, yes 3 YEARS, warranty. Best for surveillance, bodycam and dashcam, yes DASHCAM. Ordered via Amazon (64GB).

4. I start up, select UK/Europe. Guess what? No Czech Republic location and many other European countries are missing.

5. Next, it refuses to accept the SD card. Why? Because it is not U3 (see also 1st reply down below).

Seriously??

P.T.

Last edited:
Oh, and to add to this. Yes, I checked the speed required. Nextbase claims that it must be U3 to ensure speed of 30MB/s. This is an outright lie: Samsung PRO endurance has 30MB/s write speed and 100MB/s read speed, the U1 indeed!!

It seems that Nextbase is scaring their customers into buying their Nextbase SD cards.1610563764580585110772317103494.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure I read that the latest Nextbase series 2 need a minimum of 45Mbps so a U1 won't do.

You needed a Samsung Evo plus. My Evo has been going strong for over 2 1/2 years now without issue.

Back