Disk full

coropete

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just want to share my experience. I filled up a 32 gig disk and noticed that the red and yellow light stayed on constantly. I noticed that the red light stopped flashing so my first thought that it stopped recording. I tried turning the unit off but it won't turn off. So for the next half hour the unit stayed on but not recording. When I got home I just push the reset button and it turned off.

Do you have loop recording on?

What about G-sensor?
Is the card full with protected files?

Turn g-sensor off and see.

I just want to share my experience. I filled up a 32 gig disk and noticed that the red and yellow light stayed on constantly. I noticed that the red light stopped flashing so my first thought that it stopped recording. I tried turning the unit off but it won't turn off. So for the next half hour the unit stayed on but not recording. When I got home I just push the reset button and it turned off.
Those are typical symptoms of a 'problematic' card. Try a card with a lower class rating and avoid Sandisk at all costs.

Those are typical symptoms of a 'problematic' card. Try a card with a lower class rating and avoid Sandisk at all costs.

I'm currently testing my recently purchased Mobius with a Sandisk Ultra 128GB class 10 card and have had no problems whatsoever with it.

I'm currently testing my recently purchased Mobius with a Sandisk Ultra 128GB class 10 card and have had no problems whatsoever with it.
I'm hoping the 128GB Sandisk card will be an exception. I've also had mine for a few months and they've been fine so far, although I admit I haven't used them for more than about 100 hours each. I only bought them from Sandisk because at the time they were the only manufacturer producing such large cards. If I buy any more I'll only buy the Kingstons because I have absolutely no faith in Sandisk. Now I'm waiting for the 200GB (Sandisk!) card, but it's too expensive at present. It's also unknown if they'll work in the Mobius. I don't believe they're quite ready for sale yet, but I'm keeping an eye on them...

Is samsung disk class 10 considered "problemtic"?

Is samsung disk class 10 considered "problemtic"?
You should consider any card faster than class 4 as a potential 'problematic' card. There is no guarantee which cards will work. For example, a good number of people use Sandisk, despite the repeated warnings not to use them, and haven't (yet) had a problem. On the other hand there are too many people who have had nothing but problems. During my testing my Samsungs were OK, but I only tested them for, maybe, just over a week of continuous loop recording.
The most compatible cards are Kingston, but even with Kingston there have been a couple of problems, but the percentage is very, very low.

Reformat the card using SD formatter (w/ format size adjustment selected).
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

You should consider any card faster than class 4 as a potential 'problematic' card. There is no guarantee which cards will work. For example, a good number of people use Sandisk, despite the repeated warnings not to use them, and haven't (yet) had a problem. On the other hand there are too many people who have had nothing but problems. During my testing my Samsungs were OK, but I only tested them for, maybe, just over a week of continuous loop recording.
The most compatible cards are Kingston, but even with Kingston there have been a couple of problems, but the percentage is very, very low.

no card is foolproof, no matter which card or camera we're talking about it will always remain a possible point of failure and should be checked periodically

Back