Display compassheading on cam?

HerbPNW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Background: A while back, I bought a car that I love -- a 2018 Odyssey that has lots of bells and whistles, and I would still choose this car more than a year later. I was astounded to discover that it HAS NO COMPASS! I did not opt for the nav package, which does have the compass. In previous model years, a compass displayed in the rearview mirror on Odysseys, and Toyota vans all have a compass, regardless of trim level. Many less expensive cars that I have driven also have a compass. I have looked for a small compass that I can add, but have not found anything suitable.

I think I will buy a dashcam soon, as this seems to be a good fit for my family. Is there a dashcam (any mount) that includes a compass display? If I can find one, it would solve two problems for me.

Thanks for anyone's thoughts
Herb

have never seen a dashcam with compass display

Several years ago, there were a number of dash cams that offered a compass display. For example, my old Shadow GT-680W had an option for an always on compass and real time speed display. The DOD LS460W has that feature as well. I'm sure there were others. I don't know whether there are any other currently available cams that have it though.

Last edited:
That's a great place to start. I'll do some digging.

I need a compass and a dashcam and I was hoping to combine those functions.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Herb

Back