Display current speed in km/h while the dashcam is recording

G4B33

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hey guys, I'm planning to buy this dashcam with the GPS module. My question is, can this dashcam show the current speed in recording mode, just like when you're viewing the video in the dashcam's "gallery", where it shows the speed and the coordinates? If it can't, is there a custom firmware maybe that's capable of this feature?

it embed the speed in the video, if you are thinking if the camera display the speed as sort of a screen saver ( as a few cameras do ) then i dont think so with this model.
But i am not familiar with this brand of cameras.

it embed the speed in the video, if you are thinking if the camera display the speed as sort of a screen saver ( as a few cameras do ) then i dont think so with this model.
But i am not familiar with this brand of cameras.
Yes I wanted to see the current speed in real time as it's recording. I watched some YouTube reviews about this dashcam, and no one mentioned that it's possible, so I guess there isn't any setting or modification to enable it.

I confirm, because I've jut got mine today, if you keep screen ON during driving, speed is indicated but it's quite small and written in white if I remember well...

All dashcams with a GPS do that Benkru, what people are asking here is if the camera post the speed on the screen when it is in screen saver mode ( in big letters on a black background )
Not many dashcams do that kind of screen saver, normally the screen just go dark.

So I confirm that this dashcam can not do that !
if screen is Off, no speed is displayed

This might be due to your firmware are not up to date, the one above 1.0.7 na seem to support the feature, so i would look for your firmware version on the camera.

I just flash 1.0.9na and the feature is not existing...

Back