"DIY" 15 & 20% Brightness added, BlackSys CF-100 vs Original FW, vs Panorama II v 1.08.05

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
This is test result from my post:
How to "sqeeze-out" more Night Vision from CMOS using Video Editing software (AVS4You)

Top left: BlackSys CF-100 factory colour settings. FW: v0025 Level-0
Top Right: BlackSys CF-100( FW: v0025 Level-0 ) I have added manually +15% brightness
Bottom ( centre ), Panorama II with FW v1.08.05

Top left: BlackSys CF-100 factory colour settings. FW: v0025 Level-0
Top Right: BlackSys CF-100( FW: v0025 Level-0 ) I have added manually +20% brightness
Bottom ( centre ), Panorama II with FW v1.08.05

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth noting that the Windows version of Dashcam Viewer has the ability to make these adjustments for playback without having to edit videos

Worth noting that the Windows version of Dashcam Viewer has the ability to make these adjustments for playback without having to edit videos

You mean RegistratorViewer by Datacam, - that one, right?

No, Dashcam Viewer, the one linked in my signature

Ok, thanks for clarification. Some time I mix-up them.
I will try to "play" with video adjustments of Dashcam Viewer soon and see how it works.

At the moment VLC media player is my favourite for such "adjusted" playback, but I am sure there are many others video players out there which are capable to do the same.
It's only test'n'try to find most practical.

I reccommend we all have to start talking much more about importance of video playback mode ( colour adjustments / settings ) because there are many good dashcams out there which actually producing a good video quality, but due to not-understanding of correct video playback, where most video players default colour adjustments settings are set "differently", so in many cases we see on the screen not so good video playback result. With few correct adjustments of video player we can see much better video recording playback result.

...........snip.......At the moment VLC media player is my favourite for such "adjusted" playback, but I am sure there are many others video players out there which are capable to do the same..........snip......

VLC plays the vast majority of vids out there. It does that w/o adding any codecs & other stuff to u'r puter. I tried the included FINEVu player that came w/ my DCs, but it just not as convenient. I use it for my DC playback as well as all other vids*.

*It even plays those vids that my ex-wife stars in.

Back