DIY BlackVue B-124 Ultra Battery featured Battery Pack

NetHunter

Reaction score
Country
United States
has anyone done a DIY project on this and maybe made a LiPo4 battery with more then 10000mAh or maybe used a RAVpower or Anker 26000? was wondering if there would be a cheaper solution being tight on budget.

If not if I get enough following and tips and pointers will attempt this project

I've took a look into this before, most portable battery packs don't say their operating temps. The reason why a Cellink NEO or the BlackVue B-124 uses LiFEPO4 is because of temps at a cost of physical size.

That being said my friend is running an Anker battery pack with his A119s, we'll have to wait in the summer to see how it holds up.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

I’ve got a bunch of portable batteries including the Anker 26,800. I love the capacity but it can’t charge and power a dashcam simultaneously. It also requires you to press a button to turn on and start powering the dashcam. I used them for a while, along with other solutions like solar panels, but it was so much hassle to keep manually putzing with it.

If a portable battery pack could solve these issues (there may be some out there on the market, I don’t know) then that could be great.

Li-Ion could be an issue, but I have a one in my glove box for my phone and a second jump start battery in my trunk and no issues. Being in Seattle where it doesn’t get crazy hot helps. :)

Back